Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Welcome to Crunch!

Yesterday I was hired as a sub (for the time being) at Crunch Gym!!!!! The Gold's Gym franchises where I used to sub have been bought out by Crunch, and I'm VERY excited!  I may POSSIBLY have a class of my own at some point (fingers crossed), but in the meantime I am happy to be hired as a sub. 
I'm also applying for jobs as a youth acting teacher.  It's been a while, but I have a lot of experience, and I really miss it!  There are a bunch of community, youth, and professional theaters here that are hiring teachers, and I'm gonna go for it. Who knows?  Maybe someday I'll even get to direct!

In other news, yesterday was the official first day of the 3-week vacation for both kids.  I took them to the pool, where we stayed for 2 hours.  Then they played on our front deck.  And now WG is crying, so I must go see what is up.
OK.  She's in a time out, which is pretty new for her.  But she seems to get it.  The great thing about a time out is that it's not just a punishment, it actually gives kids a few moments to decompress.  Heck, I've been known to give MYSELF a time out now and again, when I'm about to blow my top, lol!

I've started doing "Slim in 6" and "Slim Series" again.  I forget how much I enjoy those workouts when I don't do them for a while.  And Debbie Siebers has a very nice personality, even as she's killing you, lol!

I'm losing pilates reformer clients at an alarming rate. I'm down to one reformer class a week, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep it or not. I'll know more tomorrow.  Part of me thinks I should just let it go.  It'd be easier, schedule-wise if not wallet-wise. I'm also wondering if it's a sign; maybe I should focus more on my upcoming training, teach my mat classes, and try to get hired as an acting teacher.  If I can combine personal pilates training with teaching acting, with a smattering of group pilates classes that I really enjoy, I'll be happy and we'll have a bit more cash when the bills show up.
Que sera sera. Worrying about it doesn't help the situation, right?

OK. Gotta go take the kids somewhere before they completely destroy the house. 
And it's only Day Two!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Congrats on the new job! I'm sure you will be awesome there. Every time I think of Crunch I think of their logo on all their workout DVDs, of which I own an alarming amount.

And yay for taking the kids to the pool! In my mind, that's a workout all by itself right there!

azusmom said...

Thanks!
You ain't kiddin', lol! Just getting them OUT of the pool, even after 2 hours, is an epic event!