Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's Swine Flu? More Like Whine Flu!

So now I'm wondering if our little guy (LG, for short) had swine flu the other week. Usually when he gets sick he gets over it pretty quickly. I think it comes from the fact that my SIL, a nurse, lived with us for the first 2 years of his life. He was probably exposed to every virus out there.
But during this last bout he had a fever that lasted almost 4 days. He was low-energy (for him, which meant he was only climbing halfway up the walls), and it just seemed to cling to him for the entire week. Of course, this was before we'd heard about swine flu, so we didn't rush him off to the doctor. We just kept him inside and gave him lots of fluids. And by Monday, he was fine.
Our we girl (WG) had had a cold earlier, but her allergies are what have been awful for her! She's feeling good, has energy, but is congested beyond belief. She's also been napping, which she normally doesn't do.
Now, Hubby; he's had it BAD! Not swine flu, thank goodness, but maybe regular flu. Aches, chills, fever, coughing, etc. He's feeling better. I've been coughing up my internal organs and feeling tired, but I'm hoping to stave off any sickness with more Zicam. Especially since I'm starting a BRAND SPANKIN'-NEW Pilates class tomorrow!!!! It's for staff at the JCC, and I'm excited and nervous.
OK, gotta go get ready. Hubby and I are going to WG's class field trip. Rope climbing in Santa Cruz! ((Next week- equestrian therapy!!!! They're gonna ride horsies!)
Oh, and go see John Cho (and all the other folks, but we don't know them) in "Star Trek" on May 8th!!!!!!!! WOOO-HOOOOO!!!!!!!!

No comments: