Monday, January 26, 2009

Ding Dong the Tooth is Out!

Our little guy had a loose tooth that was driving him to distraction for about a week and a half. I think I mentioned that he was placing his mouth on the banister, the side of the tub, any surface that, in his mind, could help take the tooth out. He'd come over to us and say "Baby tooth, please!" before grabbing our fingers and sticking them into his mouth.
On Saturday he stood in front of the full-length mirror and wiggles and wiggled until FINALLY it came out! Then he held it in his palm and studied it.
When I took him to school this morning, all of his teachers (including his teacher from last year) asked about his tooth, then looked into his mouth. Very cute!
Last night I heard my daughter laughing, really hard. I went upstairs and found her spinning in circles; making herself dizzy and completely cracking herself up.
They're so damn adorable!!!!!
If I do say so myself.
Ahem.

In other news, I've decided to take a yoga teacher training course in the fall. A lot of my clients ask if I teach yoga, and it's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I think I have more confidence because of Pilates, and I've learned A LOT over the past few months.
The course in intensive; 200 hours over 5 months. And I'll get to spend some quality time in San Francisco, which is always a plus. And the best part, we get FREE, UNLIMITED yoga classes for the duration!
Woo-hoo!

It'll also give me more options. I'm losing another class, which isn't a huge deal. But I'd like to have a bit more versatility.

Finally, the SAG awards. Watched them last night. Hubby and I are both members of SAG, and we get to vote. (Hence the free DVDs and movie passes this time of year. Except we only got one DVD. Bummer.) I usually find the awards shows a bit silly, but these are more fun and laid back.
OK, they're still silly, but some of it was fun. (Like Meryl Streep. And Steve Carrell. And Will Arnett. And Amy Poehler. And Tina Fey.)
OK. That's all I've got. I'm gonna go read me some Barbara Bretton. Happy endings: Yay!

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Congrats on the tooth! I know what a big deal that is:) And yayayay for yoga! I love yoga. I love that you are going to teach yoga. Perfect!

I didn't see the SAG awards but am intrigued that you guys actually get to vote. How cool!

azusmom said...

Yeah, pretty much every member gets to vote. And there are A LOT of members, lol!
(I'm very excited about teaching yoga!)

Anonymous said...

i have such memories of losing teeth and the tooth fairy coming...and of spinning and twirling til dizzy and falling down. What a wonderful trip down memory lane!

azusmom said...

Sometimes I try to spin with her, but it takes only a couple of twirls before I fall down, lol!