Friday, January 2, 2009

Celebrate Good Times, Come On!

(Man, I LOVED that song in 1980!!!!)
Today is my and Hubby's 8th anniversary. (Although we've actually been together for 14 years. Wow. How did we get so old, lol!) Yes, we got married the day after New Year's. In the living room of his folks' house, surrounded by family, close friends, and dogs. Then we went out to dinner, came home to play "House of the Dead" on Playstation, and went to sleep.
Do we know how to party or what?
A few days later we went to Hawaii for our honeymoon.
With his family.
'Cause his sister was graduation from Hawaii Pacific University.
We DID manage to get a hotel room 3 blocks away from where the rest of the family stayed, though. Just a couple of blocks from Waikiki Beach. Overlooking the construction of the new parking lot.
But, hey, who cared? It was HAWAII!!!!! And I'd never been.
Hubby had. He'd actually lived there while filming a TV series back in the early 90's. Just before we met.
And on Tuesday, my mother is flying out to Hawaii. She's never been. In her 71 years. We, unfortunately, are not able to go with her. But she'll be there with my SIL, her hubby and son, and my MIL and FIL. They have a GORGEOUS house there.
Anyway, back to ME.
So how, you ask, will we be celebrating our anniversary?
By taking the kids to the brand-spankin'-new California Academy of Sciences! 'Cause, y'know, THE KIDS wanna go. Not us. It has NOTHING to do with us. We couldn't care less.
Yeah, RIGHT! I'm so excited I can barely wait!!!! A brand-new aquarium! Albino alligators! Coral reef! Rainforest! Completely self-sustaining building! All in the middle of Golden Gate Park!
MAN, I'm a geek!
I'm also off.
Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments: