Saturday, June 21, 2008

It's Saturday!!!!!

So, a list of things that have occurred in the past 24 hours:

1) Subbed a mat class, immediately followed by the regular reformer class.
2) Went grocery shopping. Again. (I think my kids' appetites are the only thing keeping the economy from going completely down the toilet at this point.) Also realized that phone battery is completely dead, after I'd just charged it. And my phone is obsolete. Time for a new phone (yay!) that I have to pay for (boo!).
3) Came home and crashed on the bed while the kids ran around the house.
4) Woke up, told self I would take kids to the pool 'cause it's SO HOT! Then, I fell asleep on the couch while the kids ran around the house.
5) Woke up, played with the kids, ordered pizza, fed the dog, and watched a movie ("Flash Gordon," from 1980. Timothy Dalton-YUM!)
6) Hubby came home, so I fed him, then took the dog out for a walk. Also fed the geese. Dog made many friends on walk, as she is adorable and friendly.
7) Came home and watched "Dr. Who." First half of a two-parter. AWESOME episode!!!! (David Tennant-YUM! And Alex Kingston is in it- she's hot! And, y'know, talented.)
8) Cleaned out dog's ears. Poor thing gets ear infections, and I have to clean her ears to keep them from getting infected. She HATES it. And so do I.
9) Took bath, crashed out on bed. Was dreaming this morning when I heard someone gulping. Woke up to find my little girl sucking down the cup of water I keep on the end table. She had escaped her room, where we put a gate up (because of her occasional habit of waking up at 4 am and wandering the house). A few minutes later she was tickling my foot at the end of the bed. Also heard Elmo on the downstairs TV, which meant son had also risen, and it was time to get up. Hubby had let me sleep in all week while he took care of the kids, so I figured it was my turn.

So, to recap; the kids were both on vacation this week (little girl starts summer school on Monday), It's hotter than the 9th circle of Hades, I did LOTS of pilates, rode my bike to sub a class at EA Sports (only to realize later that it was actually 100 degrees out) and was wishing I had a steady job there, 'cause that place is AWESOME! And right near our house. And the woman at the desk who signed me in was getting ready for the big DODGEBALL game! How cool is that! And there was a group of shirtless twenty-something guys playing volleyball right by the bike rack. And I walked in and there were people playing video games, ping-pong, and Dance Dance Revolution. It was lunchtime, and the cafeteria was slightly louder than recess at my son's elementary school. Of course, given that the folks there work an average of 100 hours a week, I figure they earn their playtime.
Oh, and on Monday I tried Core Rhythms (you can get it at Target, don't order it off the official sight) and it's really fun and really hard! My goal is to be able to move my hips and torso like those gals (and guys) can.
So today, we're going cell phone shopping and taking the kids to the pool (FINALLY!) and just chillin'.
How 'bout you guys? Anything exciting going on? Hoping you're going to have a GREAT weekend!

No comments: