Friday, June 27, 2008

I stepped on the Scale

And freaked. Oh, not at first. I took a yoga class, came home, had a nice dinner, then freaked. Oh sure, I talk big, about not letting the number on the scale dictate how I feel, and usually I don't. But sometime in the past few weeks I've put on TEN POUNDS!!!!
The thing is, it seems to have happened very quickly. I wore a pair of jeans a couple of weeks ago that are too tight now. I'm hoping some of it is water retention.
Another thing is, I feel really good! And I think I look pretty good. Sure, I still have some extra stuff I'd like to get rid of, but for the most part, I feel good. And Hubby doesn't believe me when I tell him I've put on weight (how much do I love that man?!).
But still. A big part of me (no pun intended) is freaking. Out. And I think I just need to let myself freak out and then get over it.
And I am SO going back to that yoga class!

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Apparently my 10 lbs are contagious! Kidding. Have you considered that with all the Pilates & extra classes you've been teaching that you've been putting on some muscle?

Sorry that you freaked out - although I can SO understand it. Here's hoping you get your period and it all dissappears in a few days!

azusmom said...

LOL! Yes, I've caught a web virus!

I did wonder if it was due, at least in part, to all the extra classes I taught last week. I also had some issues with medication/menstrual cycle stuff (I won't go into details, lol!) in the past few days, which also may be a factor. Of course, at the time, none of that computed. I just saw the number on the scale and did a bug-eyed, Wylie Coyote freak-out.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I got that same virus too, during my no-scale experiment of five months. I bet you look fabulous. Maybe some of it is water and some is from a delish dinner? Plus, I always gain a bit in the summer...don't know why. It's summer happy pounds!

Hope you're npt getting too upset but even if you are, know you are not alone, we've gone thru it and everyone - from family to e-friends - loves you just the same :-)