Thursday, June 19, 2008

Depth Takes A Holiday

I can't take the credit for that. It's actually the title of a book by Sandra Tsing-Loh, a writer and performer who lives in L.A. She used to have a weekly commentary on the local NPR station called "The Loh Life" (Hee!) until she swore on the air once, and they canceled her.
I never listened to that station again.
Anyway, the reason for the title is that, after my last post, I'm doing a complete 180 and blogging about Lululemon. Or, more specifically, the fact that I was there yesterday, met a very nice fellow who works there, who then signed me up for R&D. Research and Development.
I mentioned that I teach pilates, and he told me that fitness professionals (Hey! I'm a fitness professional! Who knew?) can participate in a program in which we give feedback regarding the performance of Lululemon's clothes and products. As a reward, we get a 15% discount!!!!! FOREVER!!!!!!!
All I had to do was fill out an application and show them a paystub! Then I bought some underwear. 'Cause, they have the MOST COMFORTABLE undies on the planet! And it's all seamless! And it doesn't fall apart in the wash!
I know, I know, I'm basically a blogging advertisement right now. But I'm JUST SO EXCITED!!!! Is it weird, to get this excited over the situation?

In other news, I'm subbing a class today over at EA Sports. They're the folks who create all the sports video games for Nintendo, and their headquartered a few blocks from where we live. I'm also subbing a mat class tomorrow morning, right before my reformer class. All told, I'll have done 6 hours of pilates by week's end. Oy! I even had a dream about pilates last night! It's getting a little weird around here, folks!

Oh. Right. They've always been weird.

Never mind.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I am SO jealous!! I love Lululemon! Not that I've ever worn any of their stuff - can't find it second hand, natch. But I love the way it looks and everyone raves about its comfort.

Yay on the new class! Sounds like you are in high demand:)

azusmom said...

Thanks! That's one of the things that's great about California; people LOVE their pilates,lol!

I avoided Lululemon for a long time because of the prices. But the stuff lasts FOREVER!