Sunday, August 7, 2011

Updates and More Confessions

Hubby went to the ER on Wednesday and it looks like it's all good.  Everyone is pretty amazed at the lack of injury. Still keeping an eye on him, though. Oh, and yesterday WG ran her shoulder smack-dab into the very spot that's sore.
YOWCH!!!!!!

It has been a hell of a couple of weeks! Between the hacking, the accident, work, summer break, and my mom in town, I've been running around like crazy.  Hubby's going to Yosemite for a couple of days next week, and he REALLY needs it.  The accident has him stressed out, and he put a lot of work into his bike, which is pretty much totaled. (Oh, and he hasn't taken a vacation in over a year, and is doing the work of 3 people at his job, even though he's still considered a temp and gets no benefits.  And he's training the folks who will take over from him, who are being hired on as permanent, full-time with full benefits.)

I'm just SO THANKFUL that he's OK, and praying he stays that way.

But I do have to confess something: I'm getting a bit annoyed at the fact that everyone else's vacation means more work for me, and I don't get a turn.  So I made a deal with Hubby (before the accident): if he gets to go camping, I get a spa weekend.  On my own.  Well, with my S-I-L.

I'm also going to ask for more help with the kids.  My M-I-L is retired, and can help out.  We have a bit more money for a sitter now.  I'm going to take advantage so that I have room for more than just work and taking care of the kids and the house. I've started taking an Anusara yoga class (my favorite kind!) once a week at a new studio that just opened up nearby.  I also ordered two Anusara DVDs, so I can do it at home and apply the principles I learn in class.  And I'm writing again.  Just fun stuff, for my eyes only.  At least, for now.
I've also re-discovered the joy of going to the movies. Having broken my 5 year sabbatical with "Harry Potter," I'm now determined to go to a movie every once in a while.  There are a couple of caveats: it has to be something I REALLY want to see, and most of the time I will go on my own. I don't want to have to talk anyone else into seeing it with me, and then worry about whether or not they're enjoying it.  'Cause that's what I do.  Instead, I'll go myself, and enjoy some time alone, with a good story told by good actors. It's relaxing and fun, and I think I've earned a little bit of that.
I saw "Captain America" a few days ago (fun!), and will go see "Fright Night" after the kids have gone back to school.  Because David Tennant is in it.  Otherwise I wouldn't bother.  But I'll pay $10 for DT!!!!!!

And who knows?  Maybe I'll even get to see some good theater again!

Anyway.
It's been a hell of a week, and I'm ready for it to be over.

2 comments:

Geosomin said...

I am SO looking forward to Fright Night. I think I watched the original as a teen a zillion times. Add in David Tennant and I'm pretty much obligated to be there :)

azusmom said...

I hear ya, sistah, lol!