Saturday, July 26, 2008

An Unexpected Thing Happened In Burlingame

I went in for an interview this morning at a pilates studio in Burlingame, near where we live, for a Stott training program. (Stott is one of the biggest training programs for pilates in North America.) And came out with a PAID APPRENTICESHIP!!!!!! For the foreseeable future, I'll be teaching, taking classes, and observing (as well as being mentored by) other instructors, along with teaching my regular classes.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also may have another class at Equinox.
Woo-hoo!

My husband and in-laws are really helping me out, as far as taking care of the kids.
And it's funny; I've sent the past 7 years being a SAHM, and now I'll be working about 25 hours a week.
I've run a gamut of emotions; panic, joy, fear, guilt, anxiety, you name it. But it's a great opportunity, and I'm going to learn a heck of a lot!!!!!!

And I start Wednesday.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Congratulations Alyssa!!! It looks like your dream is really coming to fruition. Enjoy every moment of it - you earned it! That's wonderful that your family is being so supportive too. I look forward to hearing all about the apprenticeship!

azusmom said...

Thank you!!!! I keep vacillating between joy and excitement, and panic
("Will being away so much hurt my relationship with my husband and kids?!?!" "Geez, it's not like I'm going to Siberia!")