Thursday, July 24, 2008

Covered In Bodily Fluids (And Not The Good Kind!)

BOTH kids are sick. My daughter started sneezing and sniffling a couple of days ago. Then along came the fever, the copious amounts of nasal drainage, and the tears (which just kill me! Her little lower lip comes out and the tears start streaming and Mommy's heart just shatters). But after a long nap on Tuesday afternoon, and a good sleep that night, she was on the mend. Still snotty, but that we can deal with.
Last night, my son started the sniffling and sneezing. And a bit of crying (more heartbreak, as he's not a cryer!) And he couldn't sleep. Which meant Mommy and Daddy couldn't sleep. And then he threw up. On Daddy and the dog.
He finally fell asleep at about 4:45 am, and I had to get up at 5 to sub a 6 AM pilates class. Taught it, came home, and daughter started SOBBING! For 45 minutes! And clinging to me! I couldn't figure out what was going on! So Daddy took over while I crashed face-first on our son's bed (son was still sleeping in ours), and when I awoke, daughter had a nice BIG present for me in her pull-up. Poor thing had been constipated! So I cleaned her up and, MAN, was she happy! (And I don't blame her!)
Then her brother woke up and vomited again. It's funny, he's so calm while he pukes! Like, "Oh dear, here we go again. Ah well! BLAAAAGGHHHHHH!!!!!!"
(Side note: daughter just came over, plopped in my lap, threw her arms around me and rubbed her forehead against my face. How much do I LOVE that?!?!)
So, I'm off to sub another class. I'm taking over another teacher's classes while she's away, plus my own. She teaches, like, 12 classes a week! I have NO IDEA how she does it!!!!!!!! She could probably bench-press my minivan. With all of us inside it. Never mind that she weighs about 90 pounds soaking wet.
But I digress.
So, here's hoping my childrens' amazing little bodies push out all the crap in the next couple of days. And that Daddy and I can avoid the crap altogether. And we can start taking walks again after dinner, 'cause that's just plain FUN!!!!!
Have a great night, everyone!

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

Oh I so know how that goes. We just finished a round of diarrhea at our house. But your mommy love shines through in the way you write about all that nastiness! And you go with your pilates classes. I'm sure you could bench press my car (I have a Honda;))

Hope you are all better soon!

Lauren Brooks said...

You poor thing! Seeing my kid sick is one of the worst things. I feel so helpless. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. I hope you are able to get a good night sleep soon and little ones feel better.

Thanks for the wonderful comment on my blog. So glad you enjoyed the short workout. Sounds like you are super woman with the week you were dealt with.

Good luck!

azusmom said...

Thanks, Lauren! I think we're all superwomen here!

Oh Charlotte! Are you guys OK? That is NOT fun!

Crabby McSlacker said...

So sorry to hear--that sounds MISERABLE. Really hope you don't catch it too.

I just had to laugh at your description of your son barfing though:

"Oh dear, here we go again. Ah well! BLAAAAGGHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Too funny.

Anonymous said...

I used to call the second half of medical school, two years of bodily fluids!

By the way, I just realized you live in Redwood city! I was just there for 2 weeks! I have a post about it on my site that's up today. We had a great time!

http://calorielab.com/news/2008/07/25/dr-j-will-see-you-now-staying-healthy-on-the-road/#more-2279

Anonymous said...

Im in awe of people with more than one child.
a kid
a bigbig dog
a husband
IM THROUGH.

:)

hang in there.

Miz.

azusmom said...

Mizfit, we're pretty lucky, in that our dog is part Corgi, so she has a strong herding instinct and likes to keep the kids in her sight. She's very patient and protective of them. And the kids are more manageable now than when they were both toddlers. (I think I aged about 10 years in 2005!)

Dr. J, How cool!!!!! If you guys come out this way again, come take my class! (I teach at the Gold's in Redwood City. I'll get you free passes!)
I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip here! We feel really lucky to live here.
BTW, we did that bike ride once. I grew up in New England, but that ride was, I think, the coldest I've ever been, lol! And Point Reyes is awesome!