Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!!!

I'll say it again: this is my FAVORITE holiday!!!!!!  Sent WG off to school with her Ladybug costume (SO cute!) and got to see LG walk in his Halloween parade at school, dressed as SpongeBob.  He wasn't all that excited about the parade, probably because it's his 7th one and the novelty has worn off.  Plus it was hot.
Yes, it's been quite warm here.  Over the past few days, while friends and family were getting pummeled with heavy, wet snow, we've been hiking around in tanktops.  No, literally; we took the kids for a hike in the city the other day, near the Golden Gate Bridge.
It's supposed to cool off and start raining as the week goes on, but it's been wonderful!  I had to remind myself this afternoon that just because winter's coming doesn't mean I have to stop walking outside.  Even though I've lived in California for 17 years (?!?!?!), I still, in the back of my mind, expect snow and sleet once November comes around. And while weather patterns have gotten truly bizarre, we haven't gotten to THAT point yet!

In other news, you may have heard that Kim K. is filing for divorce, after a whopping 2 months of marriage.  Oh, plus a $10 million wedding, which the rest of us were forced to endure even if we don't watch their so-called reality show.  This after losing a $76,000 earring in the ocean while on vacation.  (Seriously, who wears $76,000 earrings while swimming?!?!?!)
Look, I don't begrudge wealthy people their money.  It's theirs.  But maybe, MAYBE, in a time when thousands are out of work and being forced out of their homes, when more people than ever (at least since the Depression) are relying on food banks, it's time for a REAL reality check?  Maybe instead of worshipping at the altar of the Kardashians and the not-so-Real Housewives we can start paying attention again to things that really matter.  (And maybe actors and writers can start getting jobs on TV again!) Personally, I think it's time to get the attention off of these silly, self-centered, ridiculous people and back on to the good stuff.
Like LOLCats and Dogs!!!!!!
SO much more fun!

Finally, some sad news: Gil Cates has died.  You may know him as the fella who directed the Oscars for many years, but he was also my boss for a while.  I used to work at the Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles, and he was the artistic director.  He seemed to know everyone, and everyone loved him. He was a down-to-earth, kind man, and even though I didn't know him WELL, he was always respectful of everyone, even little peons like me.
R.I.P. Mr. Gates.  You will be sorely missed.

No comments: