Saturday, November 26, 2011

Phew!

We had our Thanksgiving early this ear: my S-I-L, her husband, and their son were in town (from Hawaii) but had to leave on Wednesday, so we had our big wing-ding on Sunday.  On Saturday, we took a hike near the Sutros Baths and had lunch at the Cliff House (my first time there).  It was SO fun!  And a bunch of other family came in from Sacramento on Sunday, so that was nice.
I took a walk after the meal.  I needed to help my digestion along and REALLY needed a bit of quiet and fresh air.  I didn't eat a huge amount, just some things I haven't had in a while.  Like gravy and chocolate chip banana bread.
Which gave me trouble the next day.
Ahem.
At first I was worried that it was actually stomach flu, but as the day went on I started feeling better.  But I canceled my class, just in case.

TMI?  Sorry!

Tuesday I picked up the backdrop for the little urchins' play, picked my son up, then picked up my in-laws, who were sans car for the day and watching the kids (and getting WG off her bus) so I could go to work.  It was the last day for that class, and the performance.  When I got to the school I realized I didn't have leaves for the actors playing trees, so I went to gather some.  Right next to the school there's a house with a paddock, and a very friendly horse who hangs out there. He saw me and walked right over. I thought he wanted to say hello, but it turns out he wanted my leaves.
Which I discovered too late.
After he ate the leaves, he tried to eat the buttons off my shirt.  Then he gave me a nuzzle and let me snuggle him a bit.
I finally found more leaves, and went back to the school, where 3 parents had shown up to help me set up (thank you)!  Too bad the backdrop wasn't in the bag with all the poles.   Ah, well.  We still had a curtain.  And the show went quite well.  Everyone helped me clean up afterwards, and I was able to leave a bit earlier than usual. And, I got my iPhone!!!!!! Which I LOOOOOOOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday I got mad at Hubby, and spent most of the morning that way.  But there was a potluck at LG's school, and that was nice.  In the evening, Hubby & I talked, and all was well.  Then I went to teach my class.
Thursday was AMAZING!  We left in the morning to pick up the in-laws, then headed out to an oyster farm in northern Marin, near Point Reyes. Thanks to my tiny bladder, we stopped at the visitors' center and ended u spending some time there.  There's a museum and such stuff.  We made plans to camp there in the spring.  After the oyster farm we decided to visit Stinson Beach, a really cool coastal town (that used to have a Shakespeare Festival) and let the kids play at a park, where I met a speech pathologist who told me her son's class was fully integrated with both autistic and typical kids.  Pretty cool!  Everyone was so mellow and friendly.  Even the dogs were friendly.
After the park we went to the beach, where dozens of dogs ran free (including one chasing a low-flying seagull, which was hilarious!  That bird was TOTALLY taunting the dog!)  We hung out there for a couple of hours, running back and forth, before heading home for dinner with the in-laws.  And another quick walk for me.
I think we've created a new Thanksgiving tradition: why slave over a hot stove all day when we can go to the beach and have a picnic?  We don't have to have turkey et al.
Oh, and I want to live in Stinson Beach.
Friday was mellow: Hubby was at work, the kids were home,and I was SO TIRED!  Like, couldn't-keep-my-eyes-open tired. I actually fell asleep TWICE.  Luckily the kids didn't do TOO much damage while I was out.

Today: Ah, today!  I was a bit grumpy when I woke, still tired, grousing about having to teach a class which, let's be honest, probably no one would show up to on a Saturday morning after Thanksgiving.  However, 15 people DID show up, and we had a grand time!  Then it was time for my appointment at the weight loss center and a quick walk to get some coffee (soy lattes with stevia are my new obsession.  But it has to be at Peet's, because Starbucks used sweetened soy milk, and it's not as good).  Home for lunch, then off to the park with the family.
We brought LG's bike and his and my rollerblades.  WG rode the bike to the park with Hubby assisting.  LG did the same once we got there, for a while.  Then it was on with the rollerblades.  Let me tell ya, LG is a GREAT trainer: ever time I tried to slow down he'd say "Catch me!" and off we went.  For about an hour.  So between the class, the rollerblading, and walking to and from the park, I got a nice workout in today, lol!

We ordered some sushi for dinner and watched "Cars 2."
Now I'm listening to "Selected Shorts" on NPR.

All in all, a good week.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Wow, sounds like some great adventures! And when you win the lotto and have nice little ocean view place at Stinson beach expect some company 'cause I'm coming to visit!

Geosomin said...

SOunds like you had one heck of a weekend! I'm glad you had the time to have so much fun with the family :)