Tuesday, November 8, 2011

And Away We Go...

Well, it's happened.  We got the official foreclosure notice.  At least, the first one.  With more to follow.  We're not sure how much time we have until we need to be out, but we're guessing about 3 months.
So there are a lot of mixed feelings going on.  On one hand, there's relief: we've been waiting for this shoe to drop, and here it is.  On the other, moving is a HUGE pain in the arse!!!!!  Especially with kids, and especially in the middle of the school year.  I'm holding out a bit of hope that the new school district will allow LG to stay in his school until the end of June, as he'll be starting middle school in September and 3 huge transitions in a matter of months will be very hard on him.  He LOVES it here, and moving in with his grandparents will, I think, be harder for him than it will be for WG.

So it's basically a time for transition.  The move, the 2 shows with my students coming up in a few weeks, and then figuring out what I'm going to do with myself.  I still have my 6 Pilates classes, and I need to think about whether to take on more again.  In the spring.  After the move.
Although I've already applied at 24 Hour Fitness.  Apparently I can't help myself.  And Whole Foods is looking for part-time, seasonal help in their Whole Body dept.
Tempting!
And then there's school.  Drama Therapy.  I've been thinking about it A LOT.  I could still take an intro to psych course and see if it's something I'm passionate about.  Because, truthfully, at this point, I REALLY DON'T want to go back to school unless I am truly committed.  I have 2 degrees, and spending more time/money on another one is not at the top of my list right now.
And writing that makes me feel like a cranky toddler.
I think I've written about this before, but I believe that the fact that I was so hyper-focused on being an actress from the age of 10 until I was 34 is partly what put me in this position now.  I didn't let myself consider any other possibilities. So maybe I'm going through my teenage rebellion AND a midlife crisis all at once, lol!

One of the things I've re-discovered teaching my Thursday class is how much I LOVE creative collaboration! We've just about finished polishing the play, and I've loved every minute of it.  I'm VERY proud of the girls and of myself, to pat myself on the back for a minute. So now my devious, spastic brain is wondering how I can parlay that into a career.  And whether I should also try to get certified as an Anusara yoga teacher. And can I do both?
See?  SPAZZY BRAIN!!!!!!!

Anyway.  It's good to have possibilities, right?
So there's lots to ponder, and lots to do.

At least it's never dull!

No comments: