Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dear Khloe Kardashian: You Are NOT Fat!

I rarely have much empathy for anyone with the last name of Kardashian.  Yes, I'm sorry that Robert passed away, but beyond that, I generally try to ignore them.
I DO, however, listen to the radio and watch TV, and it's hard to get away from them.  I recently heard 2 older male deejays refer to Khloe as the fat one, and I saw a preview for the new Kardashian show (lord help us, another one!) in which Khloe breaks down in tears and says "I'm so fat!"  Apparently the tabloids have been going after her.
So I guess Kim is the "hot" one,  Kourtney is the one stuck with Psycho Scott, and the others are...underage.
But if Khloe is fat, well then, I want to be fat like her!
She's tall.  She has a larger frame than we're used to seeing on TV.  But fat?!?!?!?!  WTH?!?!?!  What year is this, 1998?  Is "Allie McBeal" the number-one TV show?  Are we still considering lollipop heads the ultimate in beauty?  Did the last decade never happen?!?!?!

Just had to get that off my chest.

In better news, LG and I have been having a FUN spring break!  Today I took him to the pool at the gym, and he had such a good time!  And the three of us have been taking walks and having dance parties when Hubby's not home.  We'll try to do that more when he IS home, so he can join in the fun, lol!
I'm kinda sad that LG's break is over soon.  If you'd have told me 4 years ago that he would be so easy and fun to take out and about, I'd have had you committed.  It gives me a lot of hope that WG will be the same way in a couple of years. (Entertaining little tidbit: the other day I had to g to the police station to get a document signed, and took LG with me.  In the middle of the station, well, I guess he decided he just couldn't hold it in anymore: he yelled out "Dance!" and started tap dancing away.  Hey, when dance fever hits, it hits!  I'd like to think he brought a bit of brightness to everyone's day.)

And I just have to say, on another topic entirely, I just saw a preview for "Doctor Who" on Nickelodeon.  First time EVER!  And it makes me think that all my years of geekdom, all the crap my friend Maria and I took when we were in school because of our love for the show, all the teasing we dealt with for YEARS, has all been vindicated.

Revenge of the Nerds, indeed!

No comments: