Sunday, August 17, 2008

No More Studio (For Now), The Swat Workout, Equinox Still Rocks, and My Arm Hurts

So, after a meeting the other night with all the Pilates folks from Equinox, I realized that putting all the time in at the studio was stretching me a bit too thin. No pun intended. ('Cause if i HAD intended a pun, it woulda been MUCH better than that one!) So I emailed the studio owner, who was out of town, and let her know. She's awesome. She told me I could still do the Stott training, then come back and work at the studio whenever I'm ready. How cool is that?!

I did the S.W.A.T. workout DVD for the first time the other night, and it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO much fun, even though he's surrounded by skinny babes in sports bras and short shorts. They're STRONG babes! And there's no fancy footwork, which I greatly appreciate.
At the meeting I mentioned (see above), we were told that, as employees, we get a free personal training session AND...wait for it...A FREE SPA SESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost fell outta my chair! I am SO going in for a massage! And that's on top of the free membership (and free classes that other members have to pay extra for) and free nutritional consultation! And I only work there one hour a week!
Equinox, I apologize for all those years when I thought of you as a snobby, hoighty-toighty, overpriced sweatfest! How could I know that when I emailed the group fitness director, he'd email me back with "Kewl! See ya then!"? If only I'd known you had a nutrition director who supports Autism research because his neighbor's son is Autistic? Or that everyone who works there would be so incredibly nice and supportive and patient? Or that the members would all have such a great sense of humor!
Forgive me, oh Equinox! You so totally rock!

Finally, my elbow is sore. It started, oddly enough, that week I taught 17 classes. Hmmm. Overuse, perhaps? I'm gonna have to get it looked at, 'cause it's not getting better. And it's my right arm. I'm a rightie. Boogers.

No comments: