Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My Daughter Loves My Tummy

Today I was playing around with my hubby's stomach. He'd taken off his sweatshirt, and his tee came up a bit and showed off his sculpted abs (he's one of those people who retains muscle but loses fat very quickly. Grrr...)

So I was giving him raspberries, like we do with the kids. Then I lifted up my shirt to show off my VERY white, mushy, stretch-marked stomach (which has actually gotten more taught and a bit smaller lately! Thank you, Pilates!) and my daughter came over and very gently touched my stomach with her fingers, then her whole hand. She was studying it so intently, too. It was SO CUTE!!!!!!
Earlier, my son curled up with me and put his head on my tummy. My whole being just kinda melted.

And, hey, if they like it, then I can't complain about it anymore!

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Awww! This is the sweetest thing I've read all day. Made me grin:) This is probably TMI but all my boys still lovingly pat my boobs - not in a sexual manner of course but more like they remember how warm and comforting they used to be..

azusmom said...

That is so cute!!!!!

Anonymous said...

awww, this is really sweet! kids just love us for being us,they don't care what flaws we might have!