Saturday, May 3, 2008

Fantasy Fulfilled!!!!

No, not THAT kind of fantasy, unfortunately! (The one with the scantily-clad pool boys catering to my every whim; washing the dishes, cleaning the house, babysiting the kids while I lounge by the pool...)

The other day I posted about Botoxed scary women. I'm sorry to say I don't recall much about the ad except it was for some kind of eye product thingy. I only pay close attention to commercials that are funny, feature someone we know, or feature someone we like (Meatloaf and Son plus Tiffany? LOVE IT! Superbowl ads from this year? Not so much.)

Charlotte, I missed that Radar cover. But maybe now that she's pregnant we'll get to see what she actually looks like, without the Botox! (She seems like a nice woman, and I'm a HUGE Keith Urban fan, so I wish her well. And away from the chemicals.)

Audrey, WELCOME! Yeah, reality TV has more regular-looking folks. Some of them are a little nuts, but hey! It's so entertaining,lol!

Anyway, the fantasy I'm talking about is actually twofold: seeing someone who kinda looks like me on TV and, not only that, on MY FAVORITE SHOW EVER! "Dr. Who." (I'd attach a photo, but, um, I don't know how.) The show started in 1963, ran for 25 years, then was cancelled. In 2005, it was back on the air, brand new (with MUCH better special effects!). When I was a kid, I used to imagine that I was The Doctor's companion, travelling through time and space and fighting the forces of evil.

So, there's a woman on the show now named Catherine Tate. She's quite well known in England. She had a sketch show, kind of like Tracy Ullman. Now she's on the show, and she looks like a very attractive, very real person! (She and I have a similar body shape. Y'know, tummy and boobs. ) The way I see it, If I can't be on the show myself, at least I see someone kinda sorta like me on the show.
Self absorbed? YUP!

But she's so FUNNY, and so talented, and she's NOT a 19 year-old size zero!

So, if I were still acting, all I would have to do is be confident in myself and play to my strengths.

And move to England.

(P.S., Leslie, if you're reading this, I hope I didn't offend you with my response to your last post! Sometimes my humor goes over the line, and I apologize if I was offensive!)

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I had to look her up, not knowing who she is. And you're right - she's GORGEOUS. Is she's your body double then wooo-hooo! (Apparently I can't whistle in real life OR on the internet).

azusmom said...

Thank you, Charlotte! (blush!)

I wouldn't say I'm hot like her, though, lol!