Thursday, May 8, 2008

I'm Committed! (Or Maybe I Should Be)

Today I signed up for the LiveStrong Challenge in San Jose. I've signed up to do the 10 mile bike ride. I know, it's not much, but I've committed to it, and now I must do it, and that always makes me nervous! (Commitment issues, much?)
Part of the reason I'm doing this is that my father recently (and successfully) battled melanoma, my mother is going in for a lumpectomy next week, and my grandmother died from cancer, as did my brother-in-law's dad.
The other part is that I'm in a new place. I started Intuitive Eating a year ago, and I've stuck with it. I set out to get certified to teach pilates, and I'm teaching it. I'm letting go of the things that drag me down, and keeping the ones that add to my life. It has made me a better person, a much better wife, and definitely a better mom!
I don't have to do it perfectly, I just have to do it.

Wow. What a concept!

3 comments:

WeightingGame said...

wow - I can't believe your family is going through so much right now. I'll be thinking of you and know you'll rock the bike ride
!! Good luck!

Charlotte said...

"I don't have to do it perfectly, I just have to do it."

I so need this on a t-shirt. Or tatooed backwards on my forehead (so I can read it everytime I look in the mirror).

You are a wise woman. I'm glad your dad is all right. You'll do great in your ride!!

azusmom said...

Thank you both!!!!

OK, so I'm watching the "Today" show right now, and they're interviewing a family with 17 kids, with another on the way. Suddenly things around here seem a lot more manageable,lol!