Thursday, May 15, 2008

Complaints Dept.

It's hot. I'm bloated. It's That Time Of The Month. My 4 year-old is cranky. A woman gave me crap yesterday for letting my dog pee on the grass in a public area (Ummm, where else should my dog pee? She's too short to reach the toilet!) I gave serious consideration to following her home and letting my dog give her some literal crap, right on her doorstep.
But, seriously, it's REALLY hot! Like, triple digits, in some areas. 90's here. Hello?!?!?! A few days ago I was wearing my thick sweatshirt! This is like L.A. hot! This is why we moved OUT of L.A! OK, well, one of MANY reasons, but still!
And we don't have air conditioning because we don't need it here. BECAUSE IT DOESN'T GET THIS HOT!!!!!!!
Oh, and I had to give my 4 year old TWO baths yesterday, because she kept dumping milk all over herself. Which is new. Usually she DRINKS it. Then, she stuck her hands in the chow mein my son was trying to eat and SMEARED IT ON THE FLOOR! 'Cause it was fun!
And, of course, my husband was at work.
Anyway. It's a new day. Wed have ceiling fans. One of the best inventions ever. My son has been making some wonderful drawings. My daughter was in a good mood as she left for school. My husband just volunteered to pick our son up from school. Life is good!

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

If it makes you feel any better I'm having a rotten day as well. My EIGHTEEN month old has figured out how to climb out of his crib, remove the child lock from his door AND open the back door to our unfenced yard. All in one week. Nap time has become War Time.

Anyhow, 'nuff about me. Hope your weather chills out soon! It's a nice 70 here - wanna visit?

Anonymous said...

spilled milk + triple digit weather = definite yuckiness but good blog material.

azusmom said...

Can I?

And um, you're 18 month-old? Scary and smart!

Anonymous said...

You make me think of that line from Crocodile Dundee, about the knife, "You think that's hot (Cal.), THIS is hot(Florida!) Look at it this way, all those nice people in San Fran can finally use those swimming pools instead of just cleaning the leaves out of them!

:-) Dr. J

azusmom said...

Dr. J, that is SOOOO true! Florida is, like, Africa hot! (Thank you, Neil Simon!)
We used to live in Los Angeles, which was hot, but, y'know, it was a dry heat.