Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I Have Seen Equinox, And It Is Good

Yesterday, at 2 o'clock in the afternoon, I got The Call. OK, it was a call from Equinox asking if I could sub a class there at 4. So, after a quick schedule check, I told them I could.
I'd never taught there. Actually, I'd never set foot in the place, even though it has a cafe and a pro shop that are both open to the public. It's just that it's such an expensive place I was afraid I'd lose money just by walking through the door.
But yesterday I was not a member, I was a teacher. In their GORGEOUS yoga/pilates studio. When I walked in, the reformers were already set up! All I had to do was grab a few rings and put on some music! Then, when the class was over, a very nice man came back and put all the reformers away!!!! I didn't have to lift a finger! It was SOOOOO nice.
Then I snooped around a bit. There's an outdoor pool on the roof. There's a spa. A spinning room. 3 floors of STUFF. And one of the guys who works in the cafe wears the same blue "Autism Awareness " wristband as I do. (I didn't get a chance to talk to him, however, as the cafe was very busy. Next time.) And, right there, on the handwritten schedule on the wall by the front desk, was my name. Written in big, chalky letters, and even spelled correctly!
Everyone was very nice, and they played cool music.

So, my evil plan is working; instead of lamenting the fact that I can't afford the fancy-schmancy gyms, I'll get jobs at them.
MWAHAHAHAHA!

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Take me with you girl! Once you get to be the teacher extraordinaire at all the nice gyms, you can start sneaking the rest of us in the back door;)

Congrats on the job!

azusmom said...

You got it!!!
Then we can bring our kids and all there giant floaties into the pool, and make a lot of noise, and go elevator surfing...

Charlotte said...

My kids would die and go to heaven. You just described their ideal day: noise, water & elevators!

azusmom said...

LOL!!!! Mine too!