Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Just Shy

of 10 pounds down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I've hit the 5% mark: I've lost 5% of my body fat.

Last week was CRAZY!  Very active, and exhausting.  :)  I'm taking it a little easier this week, especially as Aunt Flow is here and sleep is a rare thing.
I've pulled out my Slim Series workouts again. I hadn't done them in at least a year (longer, probably), and I'm so glad I re-discovered them!  The workouts are fairly intense, even without a lot of impact.  And these are the ones that got me back into crazy-good shape after WG was born.  Of course, that was 10 years ago, and I did them 6 days a week.  This time around, I'm aiming for 2-3 days, plus my yoga, bike intervals, and walking.

At our WW meeting last week, our fearless leader made a suggestion.  But let me back up to my first meeting, different leader, who suggested leaving the Flex points be, as much as possible (we get 49 extra points per week to use as we will).  So I tried that, and it worked.  I've used a couple here and there, but not many.
Last week the leader mentioned that she usually leaves her ACTIVITY points alone, as well.

And off went the light bulb!
Because one of my big concerns about WW is that I will get back in the mindset of using exercise as a way to eat more.  Which, in and of itself, isn't necessarily a bad thing.  But in the past, it has become a form of exercise bulimia with me.  I would work out beyond the point of exhaustion and even to injury just so I could eat more.  Or binge.

In Intuitive Eating, it is recommended that exercise be separate from diet.  That working out is something we do because we enjoy it and it keeps us strong and healthy.  And I COMPLETELY agree with that way of thinking!  And now, keeping activity and food points separate, I can continue with that.  It's a much healthier mindset.  Yes, I will use a couple of activity points here and there, and that's OK.
Everything is OK!
There's no such thing as perfection.

The result?  I have FAR less guilt, I'm listening to my body before deciding which workout to do (or maybe not working out at all!)
Oh, and I lost nearly 2 pounds.  Which is a nice side effect.

All in all, this has been a week of some pretty big revelations.  Life-changing stuff.  I'm still processing it, so it's hard to put into words.  Perhaps in a future post.
In the meantime, gonna go take the kiddoes the park.

Hasta la vista, babies!

No comments: