Monday, July 1, 2013

I Hab a Code

I have a cold.  Not a bad one, but it's tuckered me out over the past few days.
It did NOT, however, stop me from going to the Neil Gaiman reading on Friday night!
It DID stop me from being able to get my book signed personally, however.  :(
I waited 3 hours, but was starting to feel pretty crummy.  Plus, I didn't want to risk giving my cold to him (there's a great author gift! "Thanks for all the wonderful stories, here's a virus!).  So I left my goodie bag with some folks from the store that hosted the event.  Hopefully he got it...

He's one of my absolute favorite writers, and I hope I DO get to meet him someday.
Preferably virus-free.

The past 2 days have been spent recuperating and trying to cool off.  It has been HOT!!!!!!!  Especially up in our 3rd floor living space.  We've got the fans going 24/7.
We're also moving into LG's last week of summer school, and WG's second week of her break BEFORE summer school starts.  I'm taking LG for an intake interview for summer camp on Tuesday.  We're hoping to send him for 2-3 weeks.  Otherwise he'll have 8 weeks without a whole lot of structure, and that's just too much.

The local theater magazine has done a huge spread on the show Hubby was in last Fall.  Lots of pictures of him and the cast, and the full script.

Other than that, nothing too terribly exciting to report.  I only got out of the house this weekend to do some grocery shopping.  At the re-vamped grocery store, which now has pretty much everything you need AND a Starbucks.  Even though there's another Starbucks right across the street.
??????????

OK, it's now Monday morning (I started writing this ultra-thrilling post last night), and I am CRAN-KY!  I fell asleep around 11 and woke up coughing & hacking at 2, and have been up (coughing and hacking) ever since.
GRRRRRRRRR!
It's Monday.  I've got to get LG off to school & keep WG entertained & out of trouble.  :)  And possibly take them to the pool.
OK, I can do this.  I just need to get through the next 13 hours...


No comments: