Friday, July 12, 2013

POST-Menstrual Syndrome?!?!?! Apparently, Yes. And SOME Things Happen for a Reason.

Something different is going on.
I'm experiencing PMS symptoms AFTER the fact.
Breaking out, insomnia, moodiness, and awful, horrible anger.

As it turns out, it's not all that uncommon. I haven't had a chance to talk to my doc about it, but I went online and it seems quite a few women experience this, especially as they get into their 40's and beyond.
Just as I was celebrating the lessening of my PRE-MS symptoms.

Dang it.

Anyway, it certainly explains the way I'd been feeling for a few days.
I finally realized that I'm going to need to get to some yoga classes on evenings/weekends this summer, just to save my sanity.  Yes, I work out at home, and do yoga at home, but with one or both kids out of school for a total of 10 weeks, I need some time alone, and I need my yoga.

It's a good thing I don't drink, 'cause I'd probably be tossing back quite a few, if I did.  :)

Speaking of the kiddos, I CANNOT believe how much they've grown recently!  And I'm with them all the time!
But they both are in desperate need of new clothes.  NONE of their old clothes fit.  And at the pool the other day I noticed that LG has...a six-pack?
What happened to his little baby roly-poly tummy that I used to raspberry?  What's up with this GQ, supermodel dude thing he's got going on?

And her!  She's got all these arm & leg muscles, her hips are rounding, and I've mentioned the whole training bra thing.  She's becoming a beautiful young lady, rather than the gorgeous little girl she's been. At 9 1/2 years old!!!!!!

I can't handle this.  They're still my babies.

In all seriousness, it is a bit surreal to see their bodies mature so quickly while, mentally, they are still very much young children.  But I suppose that's the case for any child as they grow up, and special needs kids in particular.

It's now Friday morning, and yesterday was one of those "Yes-it's-frustrating-but-these-things-happen-for-a-reason" type of days.  First off, LG & I went to the pool only to find that it's closed until Monday.  Despite the fact that there are numerous "No glassware in pool area" signs posted, some folks decided to have a party, and they left a whole bunch of broken glass in their wake.  Including IN the pool.  So everything has to be cleaned, the pool needs to be drained, and management must make sure there are no shards of broken glass left lying around.
Which is so nice!  Dontcha just LOVE it when a bunch of selfish morons make life miserable for everyone else, and force OTHER PEOPLE to clean up their mess?   (Kinda like Justin Bieber peeing into a janitorial bucket on his way out of a night club.  Sure, it's tame compared to what some celebs do, but what about the minimum wage-earning guy who has to clean it?)

Anyway, we ended going to Curiodyssey, a local museum, and had a GREAT time! (Ever play hide-and-seek with a gopher snake?  We did!)  In fact, LG is asking to go back today.
And so we shall.

Later, I was on my way to yoga class and got stuck in traffic, so I didn't get there in time.  But then I remembered the studio in our old neighborhood, at which I taught Pilates for a few weeks, and decided to go there.
And, holy cow, ended up in one of the best classes I've ever taken!
I should've known it would be a good night when I was greeted by the owner's dog when I walked into the studio.  And then by the owner herself, who, even though we haven't seen each other in over a year, gave me a big hug & asked about my kids.  :)

I'll definitely be going back.

After class I realized that I didn't need to hurry home, for the first time in a long time.  Hubby was with the kids, and he'd told me to "take my time" (gotta love that man!)
So I went to Whole Foods, lol!
Where I met a 3 month-old pug.  Squeeeeeeeeeee!

I got home at 9:45, and WG was still awake.  Every once in a while she has a night during which she stays up, perfectly content, until about 11:00.  Then, of course, wakes up cranky and tired the next morning, but it doesn't stop her. Hopefully she won't be TOO grumpy at school today.

The only sad part about yesterday was seeing what's left of the Asiana 777 that crashed last weekend.  We got a good look at it on our way to the museum, and it's pretty miraculous that more people weren't hurt or killed.  It's basically a burned-out husk at this point.  And seeing it that closely is pretty scary.  It's heartbreaking, especially thinking about the 2 girls who died.

Can't really think pf a reason for that.

But it once again drives home the need to try and live in the moment.
Sunday is LG's 12th birthday, and we've got a fun weekend planned for him. In the meantime, we'll be going back to Curiodyssey, and then to the park.

Have great weekend, all!


Crabby McSlacker said...

Wow, I'd be furious at those folks who shut down the pool and incurred all that expense (and danger!) by strewing broken glass all around. But sounds like lots of great adventures. Hadn't heard of Curiodyssey, sounds like more fun than the pool anyway!

Christel said...