Sunday, May 5, 2013

Juice!!!!!!!!

I bought a juicer on Thursday.
And Life Has Not Been The Same Since!

OK, that's a bit overly-dramatic, but I've been buying produce and juicing like a madwoman since.  I even managed to get to the farmer's market yesterday, which I'd been meaning to do ever since we moved here last June.
I bought a book of recipes, but have ended up liking my own improvised creations better. This morning it was carrots, spinach, pineapple, apple, and blackberries.
It was delish!

Now, I know that juicing isn't quite as good for the bod as eating the whole fruit or veg or even blending it into a smoothie, but we eat lots of salads and raw produce, anyway. And I'm hoping LG & WG will drink some when they see me throw some watermelon in.
The nice thing is, my in-laws drank some of my beet/carrot/blueberry/apple concoction yesterday, and even made their own creation.  Then THEY went out and bought some produce to make juices & smoothies.  Yay!
And all the pulp, so far, has gone into their garden.

I feel like such a hippie!  Living in (what can feel like) a commune, walking to the farmer's market, juicing, composting...
Of course, we then had sushi delivered for dinner.  So, not so much with the hippie thing, I guess.

We've also been dog-sitting.  Which is weird, because he lives with us.  But My S-I-L et famille are in Sacramento this weekend, so Chopper has been sleeping upstairs with us.
Which he's been doing more of, anyway.
I have to say, I don't know what I would've done without him after losing Luna.  Sometimes you just need to snuggle with a pet, and a 70-pound pit bull who thinks he's a lap dog is JUST the ticket!
Plus, he's just such a sweet boy.  He's one of those dogs who will always be a puppy, no matter how old he gets.

Let's see, what other news? The tapping continues to amaze me. I find myself becoming more and more comfortable in my skin.  Yesterday I wore a sundress that, previously, had made me feel very self-conscious: A reminder of the 20 pounds I have yet to lose, and LOTS of cleavage.  But it was hotter than Hades and I wasn't gonna wear long pants.  My one pair of shorts was in the laundry, so I put the dress on.  And felt, if not perfectly comfortable, a lot less awkward.
And Hubby loves it.
For obvious reasons, lol!
I'm learning to not only appreciate my body, but to actually enjoy being in it.  Tomorrow is yoga, and that makes me ridiculously happy!

I also watched a bit of a press conference for the new "Star Trek" film (Less than 2 weeks!!!!!!) and was reminded that those actors worked HARD to look like that.  Those Starfleet uniforms are pretty unforgiving. They all had trainers and nutritionists and little packets of food & snacks they kept on set (no craft services for them, apparently). It's NOT easy to get into that kind of shape, and I don't have to berate myself anymore for not looking like that.  If someone wanted to hire me to be in the movie, then yes, I WOULD get a trainer and a nutritionist and work that hard.  But that's not gonna happen.  That part of my life is over.

And I must say I loved hearing Benedict Cumberbatch say "Now I know how girls feel. Dieting is shite!"

Yes.
Yes it is.

Anyway, today we're going to do a Costco run.  I think Costco is just so inherently American: a GIGANTIC box store, taking up loads of space in suburbia, filled with extra-large supplies of Everything You Could Possibly Need, Plus All The Stuff You Never Knew You Wanted.

And food samples. Around every corner.

But, hey, we can make one trip and not have to buy toilet paper or Pull-Ups again for MONTHS! :)

And you know what else they have there?
Produce.
Which can be thrown into a juicer.

So we've come full circle.

Ba Da BOOM!!!!!!!!

Peace out.


2 comments:

Geosomin said...

apple carrot beet juice...just saying.
try some -It's heavenly :)

azusmom said...

Gotta try that!