Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Just in case I Forgot...

My body is reminding me that I am no longer in my 20's.  Or my 30's.
I have not done a workout since Saturday.  Granted, Saturday was an hour of Pilates and 2+ hours of walking uphill, but still...
This week I've been driving to and from San Jose every day and taking on the teaching/directing duties for one of the other teachers, who's having car trouble (AND she lives in Oakland, so public transportation would take about 2-3 hours each way.  Zoiks!) That plus, of course, taking care of the kids is letting me know, in  no uncertain terms, that I'm not a kid myself anymore. My mornings have been filled with errands and appointments, and Hubby and I have overslept 2 days in a row. Add PMS to the mix and, well, I'm one tired, grumpy so-and-so.
Today it's raining.  Not a big deal, but Californians don't know how to drive in the rain, which makes me nervous.  And the "Maintenance Required" light in my car just came on.  Is it too far out in Fantasyland to hope that it's simply referring to the oil change I need to get?

Honestly, aside from the guilt, I think it's OK to skip a few workouts now and again.  Especially when one is truly physically exhausted.  I mean, even the thought of walking downstairs and getting on the bike right now makes me wanna start crying.
Sad but true.
So, I'll give myself a break.  Tomorrow is my first Dailey Method class, and I have a feeling it's gonna kick my tuchas.  Then I have yoga on Friday, and Pilates again on Saturday.  Maybe on Sunday I'll climb back onto the bike.  It really is fun...

2 comments:

Geosomin said...

Missing workouts for life happens. Don't let it bug you too much...I have a theory that when I sleep in it means I need the sleep more than the exercise.
Less crazy is good, no matter how you get there :)

Crabby McSlacker said...

Sounds like you have a great perspective on it! I think the people who end up letting themselves get out of shape are the ones who don't know how to roll with the punches and who try to take an all or nothing attitude. Those like you who know that perfection is impossible in real life are the ones who stay healthy for the long haul.

And sleep is SO important!!

Hope the Dailey thing goes well, I'm curious about that!