Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Aaaaaahhhh!!!!! Part Deux

After taking a week of staycation,  I went with Hubby & the kids to Yosemite again.  This time we stayed at a hotel for two nights, met up with some friends, and were very active.  We went on some hikes and got to skate on Tenaya Lake.  Folks were calling it a once-in-a-lifetime experience: Touolome is at 8500 feet, so the roads up to it are usually closed in the winter due to all the ice and snow.  This year, however, it's been unseasonably warm and we've had very little precipitation, so the roads are open.  And there's enough ice on the lake to skate, although you can hear the water moving underneath (a really funky pinging sound) and also hear the ice cracking in the shallow areas.  A little scary, but SOOOOOOOO fun!!!! I hadn't been skating on a lake since I was a kid, and now we got to share it with OUR kids.
It was also pretty cool, and kinda freaky, to stand in the middle of the lake and look out at the area where we were swimming during our camping trip over Labor Day.
We got home at 1:00 yesterday, so there was time to rest, unpack, and get ready for the week.  I'm feeling MUCH calmer, much better.  I will just have to remember that 2 /12 years without a vacation AND working 6 jobs, along with taking care of the kids, is a bit too much for my sanity, lol!

I also just got back from a visit at the weight loss center and, good news, we're going veggie again.  I'd been adding in more animal protein to clean up my diet (I'd been eating A LOT of carbs and not digesting them well).  But the weight hasn't been coming off.  So she suggested that maybe I'm having trouble digesting all that chicken :) and we'll try some plant proteins instead.
Which makes me REALLY happy, lol!
I'll still eat eggs, but no dairy (unfortunately I think I just cannot digest it).  I'm hoping that I'll not only lose the weight (finally), but will have a lot of energy.

So we'll see how this goes.  I'll keep you posted, if you're interested. :)

Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Sounds like a great Yosemite trip!

And I'll be curious about the veggie diet, as well as the Tabatas! I didn't realize you were experimenting with them too. I did some this morning and ARGGGH are they hard! But I always feel so damn pleased with myself when I'm done.

So cool that you're taking on all these healthy challenges, you're helping me stay inspired!

azusmom said...

Wow! Thank you!!!!!!