Monday, September 20, 2010

I Am SUCH a Jewish Mother!!!!!!!!!!

(I just logged in and I see that I have 22 followers!  WOWEEE!  How did that happen?!?!?!  And, oh yes, THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!)

As I write this my father-in-law is in surgery.  Open-heart surgery, to replace a completely blocked artery and deal with 2 partially blocked ones.  My M-I-L and 2 S-I-Ls are at the hospital, down in San Jose.  They're staying at a nearby hotel.  My S-I-L from Hawaii flew in on Friday with her 2 year-old to surprise them.  They were supposed to be in Hawaii right now, but, of course, had to cancel the trip.  So, if Mohammad can't come to the mini-mountain, the mini-mountain comes to Mohammad, right?
Over the weekend we fixed up a downstairs bedroom for Dad.  He and Mom normally sleep on the 3rd floor but, well, that's not gonna work right now.  So we cleaned out the downstairs and put a bed in, along with a TV, and he'll hopefully be very comfy there.
Meanwhile the rest of us are trying to stay busy and calm, and not freak out.
Which isn't easy, let me tell ya!

So, in order to keep myself from going bananas: have I mentioned that I've lost 4 pounds in the last couple of weeks?  I think this normal eating stuff might just work! I haven't been obsessing or counting calories. Of course, I DID weight myself, but not obsessively.  My clothes felt looser and I've had some comments, so I was curious.  I'm also trying to get my family to eat more healthfully.  Heart disease runs in BOTH sides of the family, so it's kinda important.
In a little bit I'll be taking the kids to the pool. We haven't been in a while, and it's beautiful out.  Plus, it'll keep us busy AND tire them out.  They love the pool, so it's a win-win.

OK.  Gotta go.  And I try to tell myself not to worry, but I am, after all, a Jewish mother.  Worry, for me, is like oxygen.

Have a great night, and I'll keep you posted!

No comments: