Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm Baaaaaaack!

Well, that flu thing knocked me flat on my back. Literally. And not in a good way! I'm pretty much over it, although I'm still very tired (and it doesn't take much to tucker me out completely. I went for a walk this morning and had to take a nap when I got home. While the kids wreaked utter havoc on the house.)
I'm back to work, but taking it slowly. R-E-A-L-L-Y slowly, lol!
And there are some management issues going on at one of my workplaces. I won't go into detail, but it's causing sturm and drang. And stress. Luckily I'm not there all that often at the moment. (And may not be there at all if they keep NOT paying me!!!!!)
However, I did not come here to blog about workplace drama. I'm here to write about the one good thing that came of not being able to stand up for 5 days; I was able to catch up on my DVD viewing!!!!
See, about a year ago (!) I bought a couple of DVDs that I never had time to watch. But I got to watch them last week! I caught up on episodes of "Primeval" (Note to self: refrain from watching "Primeval" just before going to bed, or else you will be plagued by nightmares in which you are being chased through a sewer by a T-Rex). I also watched "North and South." No, not the goofy 80's Civil War mini-series with Patrick Swayze, but the adaptation of the Elizabeth Gaskell novel that the BBC produced a few years ago (you can see clips of it on YouYube). It's SO GOOD!!!!! Richard Armitage (who plays Guy of Gisbourne on "Robin Hood," not the former secretary of the Interior) is the male lead.
Yowza!
It's kind of "Pride and Prejudice"-y, in that the two main characters are stubborn seeming-opposites who misunderstand each other and eventually fall in love.
I'm a sucker for that sort of thing.
See Roger Thornton is a mill owner who, at first, seems like a jerk. But it turns out he's really worried about losing the mill and puuting his employees out of work. I won't give any more away, but it's very well done.
Anyway, it's good to be back, and I'll see ya in cyberspace!

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better - sounds like you got some good rest. How fun that you finally got to watch those DVDs! (I almost called them "videos" - yeah, that's how old I am, lol!)

azusmom said...

Oh, I am WAAAAAAY older than you are, lol!

Leslie said...

so glad you are feeling better. This remind sme, I need to start using the phrase "sturm and drang" more often!
slow and steady wins the race...

azusmom said...

Isn't that a great phrase?