Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wow.

Scientists are re-creating the Big Bang. Republicans are crying sexism. Lance Armstrong is going to ride the Tour de France again. Britney's healthy (yay!). People are arguing over promise rings. The tree sitters have been removed. (See Berkeley.) Shrek is on Broadway.

What the heck is going on in the world?!?!?!

Is it me, or does it seem like the past couple of days have been wackier than usual?
And where did summer go? It went by so quickly. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, it's just...wasn't it just Memorial Day? Why is time moving so much faster?

My SIL and her family arrived from Hawaii last night. We saw them 2 months ago, and their son is so much bigger! He's eating solid food and crawling, and he is FASCINATED by our dog! He stares at her, and she stares back, and it's so adorable!
Our daughter's in kindergarten, our son is in 2nd grade, our dog is 10, and Hubby and I will be 40 next year.

HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN?!?!?!?!

Oh. Right. The Inexorable March of Time.

Let me just say that yesterday was one of those ego-crushing days, so that's kinda the frame of mind I'm coming off of. The kind of day that had me wondering if I'm in the wrong profession. Maybe I'm kidding myself and I'm not really cut out for the fitness industry. Maybe I REALLY don't know what I'm doing and should stop before I completely humiliate myself (or, God forbid, hurt someone!)

OR,

MAYBE I should sign up for a continuing education program in my chosen field that will allow me to keep working as I learn more. I didn't learn how to act in 5 months, so why do I expect to be a GREAT teacher in 5 months? Every experience is an education, right? Even (especially?) the bad ones? Maybe I just need to pick myself off, dust myself off, find my sense of humor again, and keep pluggin'.
'Cause I really love what I do. Even when my ego is getting it's head run over repeatedly by a semi.

Oh, and note to self: wearing Spanx underneath workout clothes? NOT COMFORTABLE!!!!!

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

LOL about the Spanx! and this: "'Cause I really love what I do." sums it all up for me. Kudos to you for finding what you love to do and sticking with it. I bet you are a great teacher!!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the "Lipstick on a pig." Not much lip there I think. Maybe on the nose would work better?

Our local school system is having all kinds of personnel problems. It's hard to watch, knowing how caring so many of the teachers are.

azusmom said...

Charlotte: Thank you again! If Tuesday was an ego-crushing semi, you're an ego-lifting hot-air balloon ride on a perfect fall day!!!!!

Dr. J, So right! I'm thinking that if you put lipstick on a pig, you end up with a big mess. (From both ends, if you know what I mean!) Plus, they're cute enough without makeup.

I'm so sorry to hear about your school district! That is hard, because teachers do so much and care so much, but many are leaving because they just can't afford to stay.