Sunday, March 30, 2008

Dreams and Worries.

The kind you have at night. When you are asleep. I was just over on thisfishneedsabicycle.com and she was blogging about a scary dream she'd had. Which made me think of the dream I had last night, which wasn't scary. I was living on a farm in a small town, with my father and brothers (not my real father and brother, but dream ones), and we worked our fingers to the bone. I think it was early 20th century. I was a strong, silent, plain-speaking kind of woman. And then one of the (slightly) younger men in town came over while I was tilling the soil and asked me to marry him. I said "Sure."
And that was that!
When I woke up it reminded me of a show I was in in high school, called "110 In The Shade." It's a musical version of a play called "The Rainmaker," and actually was revived on Broadway a year or so ago. It was a VERY cool dream, and maybe I'll write something kinda sorta based on it. We'll see.

In the meantime, my real-life brother is about to go into a dangerous situation with his job. I can't go into details, and I don't mean to be all covert-sounding, but I'm worried about him. Although he did call to reassure me, and when he heard my kids running around and screeching like the little maniacs they are, he said "I think I'll be safer where I'll be than you are at home!"

Yeah, he's spent quite a bit of time with my kids,lol!

Anyway, just wanted to write about those two things. Ah, the blogosphere! The perfect place to put one's neuroses!

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Must've been the night for nightmares - I had a couple last night. Sorry to hear about your bro. though. Hope everything turns out all right!

azusmom said...

Thanks, Charlotte! I think he'll be fine. It's just that he'll be in this place for 3 months, away from his wife and daughter (who's in college) and the 2 beagles. I think the dogs are going to be traumatized the most, lol!

Crabby McSlacker said...

Neuroses? Not even close. Sounds totally normal to me--both the weird dream and the concern about your bro.

I dreamed last night my cat befriended a cute little albino baby elephant so we had to adopt it, even though we sensed it might not be a smart idea, long term, to have an elephant in the house. What the heck is that supposed to mean?

azusmom said...

Wow! That's cool! I have NO IDEA what it means, though.
Ummm...don't take your cat to the zoo?