Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tomorrow is the Big Day!

Tomorrow I begin Reformer Pilates certification. 4 hours tomorrow, 9 on Saturday, 8 on Sunday, then I come home and pass out.
Oh wait, my parents will be arriving. Can't pass out. Oh well.

We took the kids to the dentist today. I don't know if any of you have ever seen a child with Autism at the dentist, but suffice to say that he and his assistant won't need to work out for a week. And that was just the exam! The actual cleaning will take place in an office where the kids can have mild sedation.
Yeesh!

My son went first. The dentist counts his teeth, using numbers for permanent teeth and letters for baby teeth. My son started to cry, then joined in, saying the alphabet really quickly. I think he believed that the quicker he got through it, the faster he could get out.

I took him to the lobby when he was finished, and my husband brought our daughter in. I thought to myself "I don't hear any screaming."
Famous last words.
She screamed. She fought. She pushed at the hygenist and pummeled the dentist, who took it in stride and complimented her on her strength.

Whatever they get paid, it's not nearly enough.

No comments: