Saturday, March 29, 2008

Pilates Coma!

OK, so I taught my first class on Monday. It was really fun, and the people in the class were so sweet! Then, on Tuesday, I went to my regular reformer class. On Wednesday, I went to a 12-hour mat certification. Thursday was an 8 hour mat-with-props certification with Leslee bender. She invented the Bender Ball, and is officially one of the coolest, most fun instructors EVER. Friday was completely devoted to potty training our 4 year-old. Today, Saturday, I went to my 7 AM reformer class, and the rest of the day will be spent continuing to potty train while simultaneously attempting to keep my 6 year-old entertained and the dog's bladder empty at regular intervals. Hubby is doing a reading out near Berkeley, and is out most of the day.

I am freakin' exhausted!!!! I think I've done more pilates in the past week than I did in the 38 years preceeding it. But the potty training is killing me,lol! Sometimes I wish we lived in a ranch-style house with one floor, instead of a townhouse with 3!!!

Maybe I should just install a bungee cord near the stairwell.

8 comments:

Charlotte said...

Congratulations on your first class! I bet you were fantastic! I think you must officially have a titanium core now:)

And I SO hear you about potty training. It is the bane of my existence. I dream about waking up one morning and everyone magically using the potty - I think it is my fondest dream:)

PS> We've got 3 floor too. Let me know how the bungee-ing goes.

azusmom said...

Yeah, I've got Abs of Steel. Underneath the 6 layers of fat left over from 2 pregnancies (Glurp!). BUT, I AM stronger than I've ever been. I guess Pilates and kids will do that to ya!
Thank you for the kind words! I had a blast teaching, and I only hope the clients had a little bit of fun, along with the torture.
Someday, when all of our kids are using the potty on their own, we'll look back at these times and...
FALL TO OUR KNEES IN GRATITUDE THAT THEY'RE OVER!!!!!

WeightingGame said...

Mazel tov on your first class!
Tell us about the Bender Ball - I am intrigued. They make it seem so GOOD on the infomercial (and I'm not just saying that because my name is Leslie :-)

azusmom said...

Leslie, LOL!
I was looking at the Bender Ball website, and the different programs you can get there. I have the Bender Method of Pilates, which I got at the conference I was at, and they gave me a free ball. I LOOOOVE it! She's very much about postural issues, and correcting them, and I think her method really works. Doing some of the exercises with the ball takes pressure off of my neck and/or back, and really focuses it deep in the core.
She also has gliding discs, which make a lot of exercises REALLY intense.
I haven't seen the workouts they're offering online, so I can't give my opinion. I do know that they're slow and intense. I'm a BIG fan of hers, and I think $10.00 for the ball is a pretty good deal. (My husband, who's pretty picky, like the ball a lot.)
Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

VERY COOL.

would you come here and give me a lesson or 3?

:)

so, when ya 39?

we are the same age.

M.

azusmom said...

MizFit, I'd love to! I'm sure you'd be able to outlast me,lol!

I'll be 39 on July 31st. You?

Anonymous said...

Leslie Bender is a scam artist. Do a google search for her product with scam and you will see hundreds of complaints on how they are over billing credit cards. Do not support this person.

azusmom said...

Anonymous, she is not the one who is running that company. While I agree that she should know about it, because it's her name on the product, she actually has NOTHING to do with the actual running of the company that is distributing her product (she owns a studio in Nevada). Unfortunately, a lot of these companies operate like this, and something needs to be changed so that they CANNOT do it anymore.

Thanks for your comment!