Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I Can't Do It Anymore!

Over the past few years, I've been pondering whether or not I should ever return to acting. I mean, never say never, right?
The thing is, after I left, I didn't miss it. And I still don't. For the most part. Sometimes I miss the actual performing part, but I don't miss all the stuff that goes along with it. (Auditions with jerky producers who try to belittle you, the egos and insecurities of the other actors, directors who want you to play the role the way THEY would play it, etc.)
The other day I was watching a show about models in the U.K (I know, I need a hobby) and the models were sent to an acting class. I ended up turning the TV off, because I got so anxious watching it! It was the same feeling I always had in acting classes and in the beginning of a rehearsal process. It wasn't until I quit that I realized how much of a toll it was taking on me. (Especially living in L.A. and trying not to be Anorexic,lol!)
Anyway, I was talking about this today, and it's been on my mind. I just don't think I want to go back to acting. At least not in the near future. Plus, my kids are young, and they need me. There's also the fact that I find it hard to stay awake after 9 PM. Most directors like their actors to be AWAKE on stage. Go figure.
So, onward and upward. Take care, everyone, and have a good night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
From a reader's perspective, it sounds like there are many more cons than pros, and i don't hear any real excitement in your voice about returning. Maybe you've beenthinking about that TIME in your life and who you were and feeling a bit nostalgic for that. But you seem to have so much wonderful stuff going for you know - a family, Pilates instructor, blogger - that allow you to express your creative side. Plus, i dont't want to see you sucked into the nderbelly of LA's acting scene.
But whatever you choose, I support you!

Charlotte said...

I agree with Leslie - it sounds like your heart knows what it wants to do. I know what you mean though about watching something you used to love and then getting all anxious and having to turn it off - I'm totally that way with gymnastics.

Good for you for sorting out these feelings! Although I STILL want to hear your whole story sometime.

Anonymous said...

Hey there....saw your comment of the amazing charlotte's blog and HAD to explore yours.

now Im thinking Im older than you :)


off to read...


M.

azusmom said...

Thanks, ladies!