Tuesday, September 6, 2016

See Ya, Summer!

I used to LOOOOOOOOOOOVE summer.  It was my favorite time of the year. Long days, warm weather, and, for a while at least, it meant doing theater.  Usually outdoors.
I still love summer.
But it's much more hectic nowadays.

And this summer was an odd one.  I believe I've mentioned that in early August, WG suddenly decided that she didn't like swimming anymore.  Swimming!  Which, all these years, including through July, has been one of her favorite things ever!
We think it's probably because of the anxiety.  And scheduling.  We usually go to the pool in the morning, because it gets crowded in the afternoon (and she does NOT do well with crowds).  But she may not have been sleeping well, and too tired in the morning to enjoy swimming.

And even going to the park is too much for her. She sits in the car and cries, and it's heartbreaking.  I really, REALLY hope we can rid her of the anxiety, so she can enjoy her life again.  :(  She doesn't have to love all the same things she used to, but she needs to be able to participate in her own life. And to not be afraid of life.  I understand that feeling, and I pray she doesn't have to suffer through it.

LG is also displaying some new behaviors.  Which seem mildly obsessive-compulsive.  His IEP is coming up in October, so we'll discuss it all then.  But he's still a happy, sweet kid.  Thankfully! (Especially the happy part.)

Adolescence is completely fascinating!  Sometimes it feels like we're getting to know our kids all over again.

Otherwise, I'm trying not to freak out too much over the election.  It's getting closer, in more ways than one, and it's terrifying.

I was able to keep up with one of my yoga classes over the summer. Which made a difference, I think.  I have to remember to take care of myself, as well as everyone else. Otherwise I'll be useless.
So, I need to deal with my own anxiety, as well as help WG with hers.

Ah, life.  Never dull, is it?


1 comment:

Geosomin said...

Nope it never is.
It must be so interesting to watch your little ones develop a sense of "them" as they get older. I hope this coming week is a good one for you.