Thursday, May 29, 2014

I've Gone to The Dark Side

Once again.
I've re-joined Weight Watchers.
Except I'm going to meetings this time, rather than doing it all on my own.
There's a part of me that feels guilty: Like I SHOULD be doing only Intuitive Eating, that I didn't try "hard enough," etc. etc.

I know diets are bad, that they don't work.  But this time, I'm not treating it as a diet.  I'm using it as a tool to help me think and, more importantly, FEEL, before I eat.  I'm hoping it will help with IE, forcing me to ask if I'm truly hungry.

Yesterday was a rough day.  It seems to be the case all around.  Like it was International Day of Suckage, or something.  EVERYONE I spoke to was just not having it.  And there were a few times when I just wanted to shovel food down my gullet, but I stopped.  Because at first I didn't want to use up my points, and then I realized I was actually quite sad.  So I tapped, instead.

Then I felt MUCH better.

I'm keeping my focus on good, clean, real food.  I will avoid as much as possible the frozen and packaged stuff, and continue cutting down on my sugar intake.  The thing that bugs me a little bit is the continued emphasis on low fat food in the program.  I'm allowed 3 servings of "healthy fats" a day, but the points add up very quickly.  But...no biggie.  I'll still use my coconut and olive oil.
And avocado.  There's NO WAY I'm giving up my avocados, baby!

Oh, and a nice little surprise: Last night I did a Turbo Jam workout I hadn't done in a couple of years. It used to be REALLY hard, but last night, not so much!  It was still a good workout, but I wasn't left gasping for air during the intervals.

So, I told myself that, unless I'm really having horrible issues, I'm going to stay on WW through the end of the year, and see what happens.
Hopefully the online tools won't continue to flub up.  Yesterday I was on the phone with tech support for 2 hours, and some of the issues are STILL not resolved.  Which only means, really, I'd have to buy a Points calculator and write everything down.  But still.  I'm paying for the full service, it'd be nice if I could access all of it.

Anyway, in MUCH more important news, the 15-second teaser-trailer for the new season of "Doctor Who" was released the other day.  Peter Capaldi in silhouette.    Pretty darn cool!  He's already my favorite Doctor, and we've only seen about 45 seconds of him.  Plus eyebrows.
There's also a fan-made trailer for the new season which is kind of beautiful.  Since I'm still not able import stuff off of Youtube, you'll have to go over there & check it out, if you're interested.
Sorry.

Also, Benedict Cumberbatch will be playing Billy Bulger, brother to Whitey, in a film based on a book written by a colleague of my mom's.  Small world.  It's being filmed in Boston, so I'm hoping to see some friends in it.
Oh, and Johnny Depp is in it, too.  :)

Alrighty, I think that's about it for now.

Have a good one!


2 comments:

Geosomin said...

sounds like an ok idea to me. I have a few friends who used WW and it was something that worked without making them crazy or miserable. :)

Wasn't the Doctor Who trailer cool?

azusmom said...

SOOOOOOOOO cool!!!!!!!!!!!!