Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What to Do, What to Do...

Can I just say that 8 years ago I must've been a whirling dervish of energy?
WG is on vacation this week, and I'm EXHAUSTED!!!!  8 years ago she wasn't even in school yet.  I was with her 24/7, while LG was in preschool 4 hours a day, 4 days a week.  Hubby was on tour, so it was ALL me.  I took care of both kids, took them to their therapies, to the doctor, did all the cooking/shopping/laundry/cleaning, and managed to take them out for a walk every afternoon AND work out for an hour! All of this on very little sleep.
How?!?!?!  How did I do it?!?!?!  LG is in school all day, WG & I go do fun stuff, but I can barely make it through a 20-minute workout.  The difference between 35 and 43 is astounding!

I do notice that as the kids get older, they need more during their vacations.  More structure, more stimulation, more ways to work their brains & bodies. I'm looking into summer camps, but I'll need to keep them busy & active during their other breaks, as well.

I've been looking at online sights to find babysitters who specialize in working with kids with autism.  It would be fab, but I'll need to work a few more hours in order to afford it.  And if I'm working more, we'll have more need of a sitter.  The endless cycle.  Still, having someone here other than me to hang out with would, I think, be good for them.
And, um, good for me, as well.  Sometimes I become Yellie Mommy and I HATE that.  It's no picnic for the kids, either!

Thankfully, Hubby took tomorrow off to be with WG while I'm teaching.  I'm going to take full advantage & stay out until it's time to pick up LG.  Because I DESPERATELY NEED A BREAK!!!!!!!! I'm at the point right now where everything my kids are doing is kinda driving me nuts.  And they're not doing anything wrong.  It's cabin-with-the-kids fever.

Oh, and PMS.

But, 2 more days until the weekend, and then everyone goes back to school on Monday.

Thank G-d!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Crabby McSlacker said...

I think you are being really smart to take at least a little time for yourself. I think the kids will benefit more when you're refreshed! I think all moms end up in that Yellie Mom place, even without particularly challenging kids, so taking the time you need sounds like a great idea.