Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm a Fickle, Fickle Female. (Or Maybe Just ADD...)

So I know I mentioned my Barre workouts, and I do love them.  I've also been doing some Tracy Anderson workouts.  She's kind of freaky, especially with food (400-700 calories A DAY?!?!?! Um, thanks, but I've already met your Irish-Latin friend, Anne O' Rexia, and we are no longer on speaking terms), and with her whole "women should never lift weights higher than 3 pounds" thing, but her workouts are actually pretty fun.

But earlier today I busted out my Cosgrove books, Alwyn and Rachel, and decided to do a workout from "The New Rules of Lifting for Women."  It took 25 minutes, wore me out, and was REALLY FUN!!!!!  I felt good afterwards, as well.  Good enough to swim some laps when we took the kids to the pool.  The book says that 3 of these workouts a week is ideal, 2 is OK, and 1 is not enough.  So I'm trying to figure out how to work in the workouts with barre, Pilates, Tracy, and everything else.  Because sometimes I can do a bit much, exercise-wise.  I don't want to work out 12 hours a week anymore.  It's painful and damaging, physically and psychically. And I want to get my yoga in, because that helps keep me sane. (To me it's more of a mental exercise than a physical one.)

All of this makes me wonder; am I doing something wrong?  Should I stick with one exercise program for a while (say, a month or 3), or is it OK to keep mixing and matching?
Or maybe just chill the heck out and do what I want.  So there, nattering squirrels in my head.  Pthpthpthpth.

*BREAKING NEWS*
We are NOT moving next month.  The short sale fell through and will be be going into foreclosure.  Not great, but it gives us more time, and the kids can stay in their schools for the next few months, at least.  And the way I see it, if the bank doesn't want to work with us, two responsible adults who paid the mortgage on time every month for 5 years, then we'll walk away and the house will be their problem, not ours.
At first I thought foreclosure equaled failure.  But it doesn't, and we have done everything humanly possible (short of declaring bankruptcy) to salvage the situation, and nothing has worked.  Things happen for a reason, and all will be well.

No comments: