Monday, April 26, 2010

The Food Police are Invading...

...my favorite morning radio show!
There's a duo up here, Sarah & Vinnie, who do mornings at Alice 97.3 FM.  I have been listening for as long as I can remember.  I listened before we moved here whenever we visited, and now I listen every morning.
But I'm starting to get, well, annoyed. 
OK, pissed off!
Because they have a few sidekicks.  One of them is Hooman.  He's a pretty cool guy.  Or else, he used to be.  Now he's "discovered" yoga and veganism, he broke up with his girlfriend, and he's become bitter and annoying.  He's CONSTANTLY proselytizing about his diet, and always asking guests about what they eat, he seems to have developed a dislike for most females, and he is downright excrutiating to listen to!  I LOVE this morning show, but I'm getting to the point where I don't want to listen anymore because this guy is ruining it!
Also, let me just say, it's very easy to have a "perfect" diet when the only person you are responsible for feeding is you.  When I was single and in my 20's, I ate the healthiest food!!!!!  These days, between working 6 days a week at 3 different places, raising 2 kids with special needs (and food issues), as well as money worries, well, the diet's not quite as pristine as it once was.
Of course, back when it WAS pristine, I was also anorexic. 
So there's that.

It's kinda like having a good friend suddenly start preaching her low-carb (or whatever) diet at you every time you meet for lunch, criticizing every bite you take and watching you like a hawk.  Oh, and making snarky comments on your weight.

I'm thinking I'll have to write to the radio station.  I can't be the only one shouting "Shut the [bleep] up, Hooman!" every time he goes off, can I?

No comments: