Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More Rantings!

Why do guys drop the weights on the weight floor at the gym? Is it for show, or are they really that tired? I understand the whole lift-to-fatigue thing, but... really?
At the JCC I teach my classes in the main studio. Which is right under the weight room. Let me tell ya, it's kinda hard to get clients to relax and focus when they feel like the ceiling is going to cave in on them at any second, followed by a 50-pound weight and a roid-raging male. One night we had an earthquake, except no one knew for the first few seconds 'cause we thought it was the guys dropping their weights.
I also do private trainings on the weight room floor at another gym. We have a Reformer set up in the corner. Normally it's quite nice, because it's in the morning and many of the folks there are older. But on Monday we had a guy in his 20's who just kept grunting and dropping, grunting and dropping. I could see my clients cringeing, and eventually one of the other trainers had a word with him, but it was a bit frustrating.
I realize that people pay their dues and have the right to work out whenever and (mostly) however they want, and I guess this is one of those annoying gym behavior things that Charlotte blogged about a few months ago. But I must admit that it BUGS THE CRAP OUTTA ME, lol!

Anyway, on a much lighter (no pun intended-no, really!) and happier note, we had a party for my daughter on Friday, and it was really fun. I also fell asleep at 9:30. At my house. During a party.
The old gray mare ain't what she used to be.

And I donated my hair last week. 10 inches. It's now just above my shoulders, and I feel about 6 pounds lighter. 'Course, I look like Bozo the Clown, but that's beside the point. It FEELS good, darnit!

OK, done ranting for now. I'm gonna go lie on the couch and recover from all this grousing.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

You're so funny! I bet your haircut is adorable. I chopped off my hair last year and loved my new shorter do. 'Course I'm growing it out again now (I hate not being able to put it in a ponytail!)

And all I can say to your weight rant is AMEN sister. Amen.