Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!

Today is my little girl's 5th birthday!!!!!!!!!! It's kinda hard to believe, seeing as my son had just turned 5 when we moved here 2 years ago, and she wasn't even 3. Wow. She was born just after 10:00 pm in Burbank, CA. I'd had trouble pushing her out because a) the epidural had worn off (YOUCH!), b) the umbilical cord was wrapped around her wrist (unlike my son, who had the cord wrapped around his NECK!), and c) my OB-GYN kept mentioning the full Beaver moon. I thought she was talking about me, seeing as I was lying on a table with my legs in stirrups and was naked from the waist down. But it turns out she was referring to the November moon, as that's what it's referred to as. (Grammar?)
So anyway, I was laughing really hard. It may also have been that the supplemental oxygen they were giving me was making me loopy (or loopier than usual), but it struck me as really funny.
Eventually I calmed down and, 40 minutes later, was holding my little patootie in my arms. So here we are, 5 years later, and she's in kindergarten.
Wow.

No comments: