Friday, October 24, 2008

Dancing With the Jerks

First off, sorry I haven't posted in so long. (It's been a little crazy these past two weeks!)

BUT, I saw something on the internet today that really pi**sed me off. Apparently, two of the male dancers on "Dancing With the Stars" (one of whom is not actually ON the show this season) are complaining about two of the female dancers' weight.
Cheryl Burke, who has admitted to putting on a few pounds because she had the gall to go on vacation over the summer instead of working, has been getting a lot of negativity in cyberspace because she isn't as twig-like as usual. And a new cast member, Lacey Schwimmer, was also slammed by a costar for her supposed weight problem.
Louis (the one who looks like Harry Hamlin, but to whom I refer as "Louie the Loser")) and Maksim (hereafter to be referred to as "Makshole") have been very vocal, both to the ladies AND to the press, about the fact that they think these women are too fat. Loser goes so far as to say that people watch the show to be inspired to get in shape, and that seeing 2 dancers who are NOT in shape (according to him) is discouraging. For the viewers.
How generous of him.
Asshole.
Makshole went even further, saying he could barely stand to look at them!
I watch the show. I don't watch it so I can be "inspired to lose weight." I watch it because I love watching people dance, since I myself cannot. Dance, that is. Is Lacey too fat? Um, no! Has Cheryl put on a couple of pounds? Sure, but she looks amazing! She has even more "voom" in her "va-va-voom." And they are both incredible dancers.
(And I could be as fat as they are. If I lost 35 pounds!!!!)
If you ask me, those two guys should be permanently booted off the show for lack of tact.

Seriously, is it really they're business? If the producers don't care, why should they? Are they more interested in insulting their co-workers and driving even more young girls into disordered eating and exercising? 'Caue that's what they're doing.

A couple of seasons ago, Maksim left the show, saying he couldn't deal with "divas" like Marie Osmaond anymore, and he wanted to pursue "other prjects."
Yeah. That worked real well.
Now he's back on the show, and still being a jerkoff.I'd like these two to go into a sal sa club, sit down, and just watch. They'd see people of all shapes, sizes, and ages moving beautifully and gracefully across the floor. Maybe, just maybe, they'd realize that dancing isn't just for the beautiful, "perfect" people, but for everyone.
Even those of us who can't dance.

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Your last 3 sentences say it all!!! So very very true. That is part of what I have always loved about ballroom dancing. It is so very accessible. I second your call to get those two jerks booted off the show. Although I bet it hasn't hurt their ratings at all...

Anonymous said...

I heard/read about the cheryl burke thing but didn't know lacey was getting crap too (full disclosure: I don't watch this show but am a HUGE fan of So You Think You Can Dance. And I read US Weekly so I know things.) The fact that the male pro dancers are calling out the female pros is insane. It's not even like they'r paired and have to lift them or anything that might possible justify in the smallest amount their concern over weight. It's ridiculous.

azusmom said...

WG, that's EXACTLY what I thought! If these guys aren't lifting these women, then what the heck are they bitching about?! (I also LOVE "So You Think You Can Dance," and was psyched to see Lacey on "DWTS" this season!)

Charlotte, You're right, it's probably only helping the ratings. Oy.