Friday, June 6, 2014

Weight, Weight, DO Tell Me

I lost 5 pounds.
Naturally, a good bit of that was water weight, as happens anytime one starts a new eating plan.
And I know I'm not supposed to focus on the pounds so much, but they gave me a sticker for it!
AAAAAAND, it was also election day, so I voted, and got ANOTHER sticker!

Seriously, I'm a grown woman, I'll be 45 next month, and I still get excited over the prospect of being given a sticker!  Not buying one, but getting one for something I did.
And let me tell ya: I wore that "I Voted" sticker ALL FREAKIN' DAY!  And I wore it proudly.
OK, a big part of that is the fact that I'm glad to live in a place where, for now at least, I can be part of the process.  I love voting. When I was a kid, I couldn't wait to turn 18 so I could vote.  We held mock elections in school, and I was the first in line. I always went into the voting booth with my parents (as long as I promised not to comment, loudly, on whom they were voting for. Again).

And, of course, there's the whole "Gold Star for Achievement" thing. I don't think we ever outgrow that.

On Wednesday I sat in on my friend's improv class.  Although there wasn't a whole lot of sitting going on, to be honest.  Between 3 1/2 hours of improv, a heated vinyasa class earlier in the day, and the fact that I didn't get home until after 11 (shush, I'm old!), I woke up yesterday morning feeling hungover.  And went through the entire day that way.
But in the evening Hubby and I had a date.  We went out for sushi, then over to the mall to buy clothes for the kids, who insist on growing at frankly alarming rates.

On the workout front: I got a Groupon for a local Bikram studio, but am instead taking  their regular, non-heated, non-Bikram classes.  I prefer them.  I actually like doing hatha/vinyasa in heated rooms, but we still manage to generate heat without cranking up the thermostat.  It's nice to mix that in with the strength/interval stuff.

As for food, I've been paying a lot more attention to my hunger cues.  Last night I ate enough to satisfy, but didn't overdo it, and that made me very happy.  (Also made for a smaller bill, which is always nice.)  And not a whole lot of sugar, except in fruit.  And I don't miss it, which is pretty great.  Of course, having recipes for things like chocolate smoothies (that get their sweetness from bananas or dates) helps a lot. I FEEL a whole lot better, the weight, maybe, is starting to come off, and I'm definitely stronger.
All good.

Now I just need to get a well-paying job I love in my field, and decent child care...


:)





No comments: