Thursday, March 20, 2014

Crickets

Sorry for the absence.  The past couple of weeks have been a bit whack-a-doodle.
My mom was in town, which meant swimming for the kids and some shopping for me (woo-hoo!), but also lots o' busy-ness.  And WAY too much time in the car.
Then my father-in-law had to go back to the hospital.  He's got an infection in his leg where he had the surgery in January, and some fluid in his lungs.  He's still there, and probably will be for a couple more days.  It's worrisome, of course.
Yesterday was Hubby's birthday.  I had my class, but wanted to make him a special dinner before I left.  I'm quite proud of the results.  He's taking LG camping this weekend, and I'm alternating between joy and dread.  It's only 1 night, and I'm sure it'll be fine.  But, well, I'm a Jewish mother, I worry.  It's like oxygen.

I've also had a number of meetings with the kids' teachers and therapists.  There have been a few new behaviors, and their IEPs are coming up. Which means it's nearly spring break, which means it's almost the end of the school year.
And how the heck did THAT happen?!?!?!?!  It seems like the school year just started!

I'm still working on getting LG to camp.  Even if it's only for a week.  He can't spend 3 months not socializing with other kids.  WG's schedule makes it a bit easier for her. And who knows?  Maybe at some point she'll be ready for camp, as well.

As for the workouts and the food, well, it all continues on apace.  Last week was less than stellar, but not horrible.  I bought myself a maxi dress, even though I feared the worst.  But when I put it on, it actually looked pretty good!  It's quite forgiving, hiding many lumps and bumps.  :) I'm sure I'll get A LOT of use out of it this Summer.
And my juicer and blender have been earning their keep.  My new favorite blend (and Hubby's, as well) is carrot, spinach, beet, and pear.  I've been blending up lots of soup, soaking cashews and dates, and generally experimenting.  Well, OK, using recipes that OTHERS have created while experimenting.  With 1 kitchen and 9 people, experimentation isn't always possible.

Speaking of which, there's a new cookbook out called "Oh, She Glows" that is fantastic!  Yesterday I made a roasted potato and asparagus salad with avocado dill dressing.  It was amazing!  So there's an official recommendation , if that's something you're into.

Check it out!  I made it all the way to the end of the post without mentioning either "Sherlock" or "Doctor Who."  A new record!
But there ARE new photos of DW filming in Cardiff, including a new creature, over on tumblr.
Just FYI.

See ya!


2 comments:

Geosomin said...

" It's like oxygen"
That made me laugh out loud!

I just picked up the Oh She Glows cookbook and have been eying up that potato salad. I will definitely have to make it now :)
My favourite juice to make (when I'm not too lazy to dig out my juicer and clean it after) is apple carrot beet. Mmmm.

azusmom said...



:)