Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tap Your Troubles Away

Yesterday I had a private phone session for EFT.  It was a basic, taking-me-through-the-steps- session, and it was VERY cool!
I'd been EXTREMELY anxious all weekend.  At levels I haven't experienced in over a decade.  Part of it was working myself into a frenzy over the Sequester, wondering how the budget cuts will affect my kids' special ed programs.  Funding for special ed is like a Sword of Damocles: You live in constant fear that the rope will be cut & it's gonna fall on you, taking your head clean off. And for someone like me, who's got a great gift for Worst Case Scenario Thinking, it's a prime breeding ground  for Panic.
But after my session yesterday I felt so calm and, well, the best word I can think of is CLEAR.  Like I'd gone into my own brain and swept away the cobwebs.  At least, some of them.  We ARE talking about 43 years of clutter, so it's gonna take a while to get to it all.
The feeling stayed with me for the rest of the day.  And I also found myself NOT overeating.  Which is also a big part of the program, but I didn't expect it to kick in right away.  :)

Hubby was at a theater function last night (the show he was in last fall won an award!), so it was me and the kids.  I managed to get a quick workout in, without them destroying anything.  In fact, they hung out with me while I did my workout. And then...

THEY......WENT.......INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, it was like someone flipped a switch and out came 2 adorable, happy Mr. Hydes!  They were giggling and jumping and running and throwing and NOT SLEEPING!
They finally fell asleep at around 10:30, after many rounds of me going up & down stairs, tucking them (back) in, turning the light off (again), and much cajoling & pleading on my part.
YEESH!

Finally, I saw a goose on the field at LG's school the other day, and got very excited.  Because we used to see geese and ducks every day at our old place, and now we hardly ever see them.  I miss my feathered friends, even though they only loved me for my bread. I think I need to get to the shores of the Bay more.  It's not like it's far.

Or...maybe I need more of a life?

NAH!

I think I'll make it more of a habit to get close to the water on a regular basis.  I miss it.  And we have the Bay on one side, the ocean on the other, and even a gigantic reservoir.  It's not as if we're in the desert here! I grew up right by the ocean, and have always felt more comfortable near the water.  Time I took advantage.

And if there happened to be some water fowl hanging around, and I just happened to have a loaf of bread on me...

2 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Am intrigued about the tapping thing as I've heard great things about it; so glad it helped!

And I'm with you, I NEED to be around water every now and then, yet despite living near the ocean don't do it nearly enough!

Geosomin said...

You can have our geese :) Being by the river there are loads of them here and it's lovely to see them coming back now that spring is slowly returning. They actually keep us up at night in the spring if we leave the windows open :)