Monday, April 9, 2012

The Fountain of Youth: Is There an App for That?

 'Cause I could use it right about now.
The other day my back was sore again.  Luckily it only lasted a day, and I stretched it out.  I also went rollerblading with LG, who's quite the taskmaster. ("Catch me Mom!  Get me!"  For an hour.  I finally had to distract him with the promise of ice cream.) Add that to the Tennis Elbow, creaky neck, and off-and-on sore knees, and I'm starting to feel like Marley's ghost rattling around the house.
Jacob Marley, however, didn't have access to a hot tub, and I do.  So I soaked for a bit while LG did his polar plunge in the unheated pool (although at one point he DID ask for summer, lol!  He's such a cutie, smartie pie!). Later, it was off to Spin and my Pilates w/Weights class.

We are now in Week 2 of Spring Break, which is WG's turn. This is a bit harder, as I have to drive LG to school & pick him up, and the noise level on the schoolyard can be too much for WG. It's also harder to run errands with her for the same reason (over-stimulation), but it's important that she be out and about and learn to be in the world.
Today we went to a little playground & she had the place to herself.  Tomorrow we're going to try an indoor kids gym called Safari Run.  She's never been, so we'll see how it goes.  The sad part is that it's supposed to start raining tomorrow, and continue until Sunday.  So I need to find fun indoor activities for her.
I did manage to get a workout in this morning (Slim in 6), and have great hope that I can do so tomorrow, as well.

Finally, I'm re-doubling my focus on Intuitive Eating.  Focusing on myself, rather than food or weight, trying to feel things and let them pass, all of that.  I haven't been doing a very good job of it, and I need to pay more attention.
Actually, lately my eating has taken on the feeling of being compulsive:  I eat when I'm not hungry, I eat more than I need, and I eat when I'm anxious and stressed, which is pretty much all the time.  Last night I was trying to get to sleep: it was after 10 PM, the kids were up, in their rooms playing with noisy toys, Hubby was watching TV in our room with the light on, and I'd recently stuffed a bunch of potato chips into my pie hole that I didn't want.  After eating too much at dinner.  I felt as if I couldn't breathe, and at the same time I wanted to scream. I realized I desperately need help.
Because as tired as I am of this extra fat, I'm REALLY tired of thinking about it, focusing on it, and struggling with it.  I have more important things to do.
And I'm tired of not knowing what, exactly, leads me to the refrigerator.
So, attention must be paid, and then the answers will come.

And I MUST  take care of myself!  Because if Mommy ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Geosomin said...

I hear ya. Sometimes focusing on something too much turns it into something more than it is. I find it's the times when schedules get thrown out of whack that it gets tricky to keep things level and working and not eat my stress.
I'm glad you can take a step back and just try to listen to what you need...every day it's just a one foot in front of the other. :)
I hope you have a nice week home with your girl.