Sunday, December 20, 2009

Temptation and Time

The past few days have been crazy. (In the words of my B-I-L as he was driving from San Diego to San Francisco 2 days before Christmas a few years ago, "Man, the holidays SUCK!") Hubby took his wriiten and practical fianl exams for his EMT training and...
PASSED WITH FLYING COLORS!!!!!!!!
They even asked if he'd be interested in coming back next semester to help with the new crop of students! Now he just needs to take the national exam, and he'll be certified!
Then it's on to Paramedic school.
My kids are on vacation, my mother is in town, I'm subbing a whole bunch of classes at 3 different gyms, and there's no parking to be had ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET! (At least, that's how it feels.)
I haven't done any journaling in the past 2 days and, surprise surprise, I've eaten more than I wanted.
Ah well. It's all part of the process, right?
But I've also been overdoing the workouts, and woke up with aches and cramps this morning. Which are always my first sign that I need to ease up. I guess working out hard 10 hours a week is a teeny bit too much.
And I need to ease up on the cokkies left over from my holiday bake-a-thon. My hips and my teeth can't take it. And I'm not even enjoying them anymore!

So, remember when we were kids and the 3 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas were the longest weeks EVER?!?!?! Now it feels like we just got back from our vacation in Tahoe. Which was in mid-August.
Where did the year go?
It hit me, in the middle of yoga the other day, that I'm 40 freakin' years old! How did that happen? Wasn't I just 28? Not that I wanna go back there, thankyouverymuch. But I still feel like I'm 12.
And Hubby and I will be celebrating our 9 year wedding anniversary just after New Year's. Which means we've been together for 15 years. So I CAN'T be 12! And my mom turned 72 yesterday!
And my dog is 11 1/2! She's getting old!!!!! I want her to live forever!
And how can it be 2010?!?!?! We don't even have flying cars yet! We don't walk around in our houses on the moon wearing matching silver unitards! This can't possibly be the 2010 we all read about when we were kids. OK, when SOME OF US were kids. A LOOOONG time ago.

OK, freakout ending. That's just WAY TOO MANY exclamation points! -Sorry-.

Anyway, gotta go occupy the kinder before they destroy the house.

Oh, and R.I.P, Brittany Murphy! SO sad!

4 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Congrats to hubby on the EMT training--and that's so cool they want him to teach!

And man, I can so relate to the "time flying" thing. It's going WAY too fast!

Charlotte said...

Yay for hubby!!! And I know - we totally should have jet packs by now. Or at least transporters. Sheesh.

neversaydiet said...

my childhood dog Missy lived to be 19! a Terrier-lab mix. She was so sweet...I hope yours lives just as long!
Congrats to hubby on passing!

azusmom said...

OK, we're aiming for 19 for our gog now. Or maybe even 20?
And, YES! Jetpacks!!!! Why do we not have those yet?!
Thanks for the congrats! I'm pretty damn proud of him!