Monday, August 24, 2009

Tweets and Geeks

Actually, the only geek in this post is me.
Just wanted to clarify.

I have signed up for Twitter, and actually remember to tweet once in a while. I'm also following some folks, like the indomitable MizFit, who just totally rocks, no matter which format she's in. And also Brent Spiner. He's best known for playing Data on "ST:TNG" (or "Star Trek: The Next Generation" for all you non-geeks out there), but in the early 90's he released an album of standards called "Ol' Yellow Eyes is Back" that I listened to All. The. Time. 'Cause he's got a great voice (he's been on Broadway a few times) and I LOVE the songs he chose.
Unfortunately, my copy of said album was on cassette. (Like I said, EARLY 90's.) And it eventually died. I almost bought a CD copy a few years ago, but didn't have the funds. Now, alas, I cannot find it anywhere. OK, yes, on ebay, but I can't afford the asking price.
So, while I search far and wide for a new copy, I will follow Mr. Spiner on Twitter. 'Cause it turns out he's REALLY funny and kinda mean, but only to the people who deserve it. Like the ones who say mean things to him.
Highly entertaining.
I'd tweet him, but I haven't figured out how yet.
Yes, I am a geek without the technological know-how.
Sad.
In other Twitter news, Marissa Janet Winouker (LOVE her, and I really hope I spelled her name correctly!) is using Twitter a s a sort of diet journal. Rather than write down what she eats after the fact, she tweets what she is PLANNING to eat.
I guess it's working, and I'm happy for her, but I think she's perfect just the way she is.

So, going back to La Miz for a moment, she has a great post today on how she cleaned up her diet. And there are some terrific, very helpful responses, as well. I gotta do SOMETHING to get my energy up and my weight down!!!!!!!
But I refuse to give up essert, lol!

No comments: