Sunday, July 26, 2009

I'm Free!!!!!

For 2 whole days!!!!! having finished subbing all those classes (27 in 2 1/2 weeks) and a 2-day yoga workshop (more on that in a bit), I have 2 days of FREEDOM!!!!!!
Yes I just completed the YogaFit Level 1 teacher training, and it was AWESOME! It's 2 days, 10 hours a day, including full classes. Saturday I was SO tired, but today was REALLY fun. OK, both days were fun, but I was a bit more rested today. We also did some practice teaching, which was terrifying and then enjoyable.
And I must say, it was nice to focus solely on yoga after all that pilates, lol! I love pilates, but I was burning out a bit. (Although a friend has asked me to sub 2 of her post-natal reformer classes, and I might just have to do it, because the ladies all bring their babies!!!!! How cool would that be?)
I think I'm going to do the 200-hour training. It's not necessary in order to teach, but I really love it. I always feel so good afterwards. Not just physically, but my whole outlook is so much better. We have to take a few specialty courses, as well. I think I'll take pre/post natal yoga, so I can teach pregnant ladies and Mommy & Me.
Anyway, that was my weekend. But BlogHer took place this weekend, and I cannot wait to hear about it!
Any news from the convention?

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Congrats!! I SO want you to teach pre/post- natal classes! There is such a need for that. At least here...

Crabby McSlacker said...

It's so cool to hear someone so excited about advanced training! So many people are just looking for pieces of paper to give them more credibility; you sound so genuinely excited by the prospect of the 200 hour course. I bet you're an awesome teacher.

azusmom said...

Well, I figure I can put MYSELF at risk if I so choose (not that I do), but I'm not gonna put anyone ELSE at risk!
I hope I'm an awesome teacher! And if I'm not, then I will be.