Monday, March 9, 2009

Ah, Monday!

Most people don't like Mondays. When i was younger, and Monday meant the end of the weekend and the beginning of another week of school (or work), I didn't like them. Then the kids came along, and Monday meant a couple of hours to myself in the morning while the kids were at school, and I started to LOVE Mondays, lol! Now I'm working again, and it's a combination of both.
Most Mondays I teach from 9-10, go grocery shopping, come home to clean the house, get my daughter off the bus, feed her, have occupational therapy for 45 minutes, followed by 60 minutes of ABA (another type of therapy), then pick up my son from school. Then Hubby leaves for HIS school, so i hang out with the kids, make dinner, do y own workout, and fall, exhausted, into bed.
But my clients canceled this morning, and I ordered my groceries online. I was going to work out, but I'm tired. I'll have more energy tonight. I tend to have more energy in the evenings. I think it's left over from my days of doing theater, and starting performances at 8 PM.
So, I'm sitting here in our comfy living room with my husband and the (snoring) dog. I'm watching other folks in the neighborhood run, walk, and cycle past. It is a BEAUTIFUL day. Do I feel guilty?
HELL, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yesterday I took the kids to Target with me. trust me, that is a workout! Later, we all (Hubby, kids, dog and I) went out for an hour-long walk. Tonight I'll do my workout. Probably lifting weights with Jillian Michaels. Tomorrow morning, I'm thinking of riding my bike to the gym, taking a spin or yoga class, and riding home. Which would amount to about 2 1/2 hours of exercise. Wednesday, I have 2 hours of Pilates.
I get A LOT of exercise, lol! I'm realizing I don't need to worry about it. It's gonna happen. I LIKE exercise.
I also got a copy of "Intuitive Eating" on CD. I listen to it in the car. (It's a lot easier than trying to read while I'm driving.) It inspires me, and it makes me feel good. It also keeps me calm, so I have less road rage.
Always a good thing.
Last night I ate pizza. And enjoyed every bite. I didn't feel guilty, or like I had to "work it off" by exercising more. After dinner, we all hung out in the bedroom and watched "Harry potter." Well, Hubby and I watched, in between giving the kids piggyback rides.
It was a GREAT day!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I'm so glad you had such a great day! It does sound lovely! And I absolutely agree that taking all the kids to Target counts as a workout. I'm always sweating by the time I'm done;)

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a fabulous day!! gotta love the Target workout - i don't have kids and it's still rough on me.
Glad you had such a fun, well-deserved day "off" :-)