Friday, February 1, 2008

Mindfulness

It's been a weird few days. I won't go into details, but things have been breaking down then working again. Or not. School changes for the kids. Puking at 2:00 AM. (Not me, my 6 year-old.) So last night, my MIL came over to watch the kids and I went to yoga. A class I haven't taken before, and it was PERFECT! It was EXACTLY what I needed! A combo of deep breathing, flowing poses, standing poses, sitting poses, and ending with a lovely shivasana.
Then home, to reality. And the aforementioned barf.
But you know what? I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING.
I think all the craziness has helped me to focus on the important stuff. Our yoga teacher was talking a lot about mindfulness in movement, about staying aware throughout the motion. And it made me think that I don't do that as much in life as I would like. I've been working on Intuitive Eating, and mindfulness is a big part of that. As is gratitude. I may not have a "perfect" body or even a "perfect" life, but I am healthy, loved, and happy. I am blessed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, I so need to get to a yoga class! Thank you for the reminder though. Sometimes I spend the whole day on overdrive that I forget to step back and enjoy all of the wonderful things in my life.

azusmom said...

It's so easy to do, isn't it? We get caught up in our daily stuff and forget the bigger picture. I almost didn't go to class last night, but I'm so glad I did!
BTW, I LOVE your blog! Thanks for reading and posting!

Anonymous said...

I love the calm and mindfulness that can come through exercise.

Anonymous said...

amen

being mindful

being present

all so hard and all so worth it, huh?

M.